close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

EDC - Are you a TRUE BELIEVER?

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by kimbercollector, Oct 7, 2012.

1. Warp

Warp ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Jul 31, 2005
    Atlanta
    I stopped reading here. :rofl:

2. harrygunner

harrygunner

Sep 4, 2010
    When I walk to the park, I leave my wallet, money and watch at home. Won't be needing those.

Before attending a meeting, keep on my watch, but leave my wallet, money clip and pocket change in the car.

When I go to the store, I leave the watch at home and bring the wallet and pocket money.

If I really did these things, most here would consider that quite odd.

Most people don't "take a watch to the store." They go to the store while happening to have a watch on.

Anytime one asks "Why take a gun to the ...", could be thinking backward.

One goes places and lives ones life. The things they carry go with them.

When I wake up, I get dressed, make sure I have my "stuff" and live my life, not really focusing on a need to "take a gun to ...".

3. PhotoFeller

PhotoFeller

Nov 18, 2010
    SW Florida
    Decided not to continue the debate.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2012
  4. Warp

Warp ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Jul 31, 2005
    Atlanta
    Fantasy land.

You live in it

5. Glock40man

Glock40man

Feb 1, 2011
    The Midwest
    Yes, it does.

6. PhotoFeller

PhotoFeller

Nov 18, 2010
    SW Florida
    Just decided to eliminate this post.

7. very well said...as I would have expected from fastbolt...thanks!

Bill

8. IvanVic

IvanVic

Apr 19, 2012
    I carry everywhere except work.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

9. ashecht

ashecht

Feb 10, 2010
    Charlotte NC
    another vote for this. Always check to see where its legal and where its not.

I always used to carry in the movies, but after reading the law again for NC, it says illegal anywhere admission is charged. Not sure if I could argue I am not paying for admission, but rather to see a film, but I doubt its worth the hassle if my shirt rode up for some reason and somebody panicked, so I have to add the movies to the list of no carry places.

10. thanks Mickey...:supergrin:
    Bill

11. Louisville Glocker

Louisville Glocker Urban Redneck

Dec 17, 2010
    Louisville, KY
    I'm in the carry where it is legal camp. There are exceptions. For example, I'm not carrying when I'm coaching soccer games (too much running, and I have a gun nearby in the car as a backup plan). Likewise, I don't carry when I'm at the local batting cage taking batting practice (it would mess up my swing more than I'm willing to sacrifice), but again, it is very very close in the car.

Also, I don't carry when taking out the trash. I live in an extremely safe neighborhood. That is one of the primary reasons I live here (it sure isn't for all of the hippies and liberals around here). But for the LEO's in my town, this isn't a tough beat. You've got some drunks to deal with (about 6 blocks away on the main drag), and some teenage vandalism, and that's about it. Break-ins are surprisingly rare. Violent crime is practically non-existent. If, and that is a big if, I encountered something just outside my house, I am prepared for hand-to-hand combat. There is a reason my favorite martial arts instructor is a former Navy SEAL, and he teaches us as many techniques and tricks as we can absorb into our brains - then we practice to create muscle memory. And we work out. Yeah, so just because I don't have a gun on me doesn't mean I don't have several deadly weapons. Hands, feet, elbows, etc.....I'm ALWAYS carrying those...

12. Lior

Lior GUNS=FREEDOM

Jul 23, 2004
    Israel
    Nah, I'm an infidel. I do occasionally venture out of the front door unarmed. However, I make up for it by sometimes carrying two full size guns.

YMMV.

13. Clutch Cargo

Clutch Cargo Amsterdam Haze

Nov 29, 2010
    DFW
    My belts are kept in the same drawer as my holsters. I carry.

14. uptomyneck

uptomyneck

Apr 7, 2012
    I carry from when I get up in the morning until I go to bed. I carry when I get the mail, go to church, watch TV and every time I go somewhere whether it's a prohibited place or not. When it comes to my safety, I don't care what a corrupt politician says I can or can't do.

15. wjv

wjv

Jan 17, 2002
    Pacific NW
    I carry very little, but more than I use to.

I carry a LOT more at home than I use to. One advantage there is that we live on a private road, solely owned by us and our 15 neighbors. Since our entire sub-division is in essence private property, I don't even bother carrying my permit when I'm just around the neighborhood.

The major problem I have with carrying a lot is that we live right on the WA/OR border and I'm in Oregon many times per week. . Since i don't have an Oregon permit it becomes a PITA to carry.

One of my neighbors wants to take the Oregon CCW class so I'll probably take it with him and get my non-resident permit so I can legally carry in OR. Once that happens, I'll be carrying a lot more.