EDC - Are you a TRUE BELIEVER?

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by kimbercollector, Oct 7, 2012.

1. barth

barth six barrels

+1
    I'm not having to type much today - LOL!

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. glock2740

glock2740 Gun lover.

Ditto. :thumbsup: I even carry in my house. :)

#22 glock2740, Oct 7, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2012
  3. "signal flare":rofl::rofl::rofl:

don't forget a taser, baton and a big "fire extinguisher" size of OC spray like "dog the bounty hunter" carries...HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHA

#23 Beretta92guy, Oct 7, 2012
  4. PhotoFeller

Silver Member

I carry only when I'm going somewhere that I consider outside of my day-to-day zone of safety. Last night I went out late to pick up dinner, so my G19 rode on the seat next to me. When I saw the sheriff's car parked outside the restaurant, I left the gun in the car. For a night-time trip to WalMart, I'll have the Sig 239 in my pocket.

Day time movement around town doesn't warrant carry unless I'm headed to or through questionable territory. For Interstate highway travel I always have a gun along; stopping at a rest stop means the gun is on my person.

Studying self defense has made me much more aware of my surroundings, always. I'm not worried, but I am tuned in. I live in a very low crime area, but classes I've taken, reading and thinking I've done about SD have caused me to be more alert.

I've always enjoyed guns of all kinds, but especially handguns. When I decided to get a CC license it was because I could, not because I felt compelled to do so. Steps I took to learn about about carry methods, self defense tactics and the applicable laws were done out of my sense of responsibility and accountability. I continue to study and debate, here and elsewhere, because its part of an ongoing learning process.

I'm a believer in self defense with a firearm, but the terms and conditions I follow are based on my sense of what is reasonable based on my life circumstances. I strongly believe that safety with a firearm trumps methods that many believe to be necessary for 'readiness'. I'm conservative in every sense of the word: politically, life style, firearm carry practices.

I don't know how to score myself under your system Dave, but I ain't a "True Believer" in the 90-100% category. Maybe I come in at about 50%, but I'm very responsible when I do carry and I feel very safe when I don't.

#24 PhotoFeller, Oct 7, 2012
  5. kirgi08

kirgi08 Southern Rogue.
    Silver Member

We won't frequent a place that we can't carry.'08.

6. H&K .45 AUTO

H&K .45 AUTO 10-42

I carry every day of every week from the moment that my feet hit the floor in the morning, until the moment that I crawl into bed at night. During my hours of sleep, I have a weapon within one foot of me on the nightstand. I am an LEO, so there are no problems for me to carry at work, and most of the places where CCW holders are restricted from being armed don't apply to me. As such, I cannot remember the last time when I was truly unarmed. Even when I'm lounging around the house in a pair of gym shorts and a t-shirt.... I have an LCP in my pocket. That's about as close to being without a gun as I ever get.

7. I think a lot has to do with where you live and work. Don't mean to sound racist but In larger cities with higher minority populations I would most likely carry two gun everyday. Out here in rural Oregon you just don't see the violence you see in the cities. I've been here for 15 years and have never even had to put my hand on my CCW. In the bigger cities I lived in it was almost a weekly occurance. I still carry everywhere and everyday but would not feel bad if I forgot to pack heat. But when I go to the city its a different story.:wavey::wavey:

8. :agree:

9. pspez

Yep. Me too.

10. CanMan

Silver Member

100% True Believer :wavey:

11. Wow!! In my state open cary is a no no ! I work in my front yard too!!

12. faawrenchbndr

faawrenchbndr DirtyThirty fan
    CLM

Yep,.......

13. This ^^^
    Because the one time you don't have it will be the time you need it. Better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it. For me it's just second nature.

Sent from my phone booth

14. I carry everyday, 100% of the time, no matter the location. Those of us who do are not paranoid or living in fear. We are taking a proactive approach to protecting ourselves and our family and friends. I don't get the attitude of those who say, "If I'm going into a rough area, I'll carry. Other than that, I don't bother." Bad situations happen in normally safe neighborhoods also. You can't pick when the bad guys decide to confront you.

15. FL Airedale

FL Airedale Dog Breath

Same here. I'm carrying my G23 right now. When I work out, my G26 is in a fanny pack hanging on the handlebars of the exercise bike.

If I'm working outside doing something that will make me sweat, I'm wearing the fanny pack.

16. Besides having been on a jury in a homicide case involving a law abiding citizen, I keep my eye on such crimes in my area. In almost every case of a "non-criminal on criminal" homicide in which the victim was a "good guy" and the perpetrator was a criminal, the victim has been a gun owner, in the cases that occur at the victims residence the victim OWNED at least one gun but they did HAVE the gun when the need arose, hence the title "Victim".

17. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

Most people don't carry all that crap, but the few who do are heavily overrepresented on Glock Talk.

Heck, you should see the list of gear their Dungeons & Dragons characters are packing.:upeyes:

18. I believe you carry everyday or don't bother carrying at all.

19. PhotoFeller

Silver Member

Each of us has to decide what risk level we face each day, and that assessment drives our carry decisions. You, denn, and most others here, have concluded that you might be attacked any hour of every day, at home, at the gym, at social events, at church, during your son's Bar Mitzvah, at Disney World and everyplace in between. I, on the other hand, gauge the likelihood of attack as very low most of the time; my years of experience and knowledge of my commnity indicate I'm vulnerable in certain environments at certain times. We just see the world differently.

I won't criticize your view of the world if you won't criticize mine.

#39 PhotoFeller, Oct 7, 2012
  20. I carry 100% the law lets me. Only places I don't are the no-no's such as kids school etc.

Then I feel naked.