Ed Brown or Nighthawk?

Discussion in '1911 Forums' started by glock2740, Feb 6, 2011.

1. glock2740

glock2740 Gun lover.

In particular, Stainless EB SFC w/bobtail, naked slide, flush crown and slide stop vs. NH Predator II(undecided on magwell or bobtail) or Ladyhawk. Ladyhawk would possibly be in 9mm and in Titanium Blue. Also would lean hard toward having the Predator hardchromed. Main question is Brown vs. Nighthawk though. I was just throwing out what I was looking at exactly.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. The predator is a super soft shooter. I have a full-size predator and the SFC. You can't miss with either.

3. The EB you are describing sounds very very nice.

While I think the Predators are nice, I prefer a standard bushing type barrel system, but that's just personal preference. I think the Ladyhawks are super sweet looking pistols. One in hard chrome or IonBond would be excellent I think.

I like the simplicity and classic lines and looks of Ed Brown pistols. But I own two Nighthawk pistols and they are fantastic weapons.

4. Much more about model than brand IMO. Both makers are quality companies so pick the model you want and let that be the deciding factor. I will say that NH has a better customer service reputation than Brown if that matters to you.

The SF carry wold be my choice from what you listed. But all of them would be nice :)

5. Ed Brown sucks.

6. glock2740

glock2740 Gun lover.

Well, I really like the coned barrel on the Predator. And would possibly have it bobtailed. But an EB Commander with a bobtail just seems right. I've always like the look of the LH. :dunno:

7. An Ed Brown bobtail is even worse. Pure junk. Don't waste your money. Buy 2 Kimbers instead.

8. The LH is a little overpriced IMO. Hard to go wrong with a SFC.

9. glock2740

glock2740 Gun lover.

Good point. Or...I could get 20 Hi-Points. I guess I better rethink this thing. :whistling:

:rofl:

10. Well, I think a gun named LADYhawk would be fitting for you. :rofl:

11. R0CKETMAN

R0CKETMAN NRA MEMBER

I'd get the 5" SF.

12. GeorgiaRedfish

GeorgiaRedfish Senior Member

hahaha.:rofl:

13. Quack

Quack Rent this space

Don't forget the hard chrome.

14. glock2740

glock2740 Gun lover.

If I go with the Predator, it'll get hardchromed. You can count on that. :cool: :thumbsup:

15. Shipwreck-The-Sequel

Shipwreck-The-Sequel Beretta 92 Nut!

I'll take "Brown" for $2000 please....

The answer is... "What is an Ed Brown?"

:) :)

#15 Shipwreck-The-Sequel, Feb 6, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2011
  16. glock2740

glock2740 Gun lover.

At least I still got my nuts where they're supposed to be. Right between my legs in my sack, as compared to being in my old lady's purse. :tongueout:

:rofl:

17. Spoken like a true unmarried man. She hangs them from the rearview mirror of her minivan tyvm. :rofl:

#17 Hokie1911, Feb 6, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2011
  18. glock2740

glock2740 Gun lover.

Poor bastard. :rofl:

19. Keep yappin' bro. Your time will come eventually. :supergrin:

20. TSAX

TSAX USAF Vet

Yes the Predator is a phenomenal 1911, I generally like Nighthawks better than ED, Wilson (Yes, some of them used to work there) Les, etc.

My gun when I can afford it is the GRP Recon. Also when you buy a Nighthawk they have this 6 mags for $99 deal, I think they still have that, call and ask, great customer service as well.