close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Ed Brown Executive Carry?

Discussion in '1911 Forums' started by ajgranda, Dec 20, 2009.

1. Hi,

Anyone own or shot an EB Executive Carry? Opinions? I thought about a Les Baer, but I prefer the bobbed housing. Is it worth the price of admission? I'm thinking of putting one on layaway until I can come up with all the cash. This will be a CCW.
    Thanks

2. The Pusherman

The Pusherman officer mcgee

Dec 14, 2009
    Earth
    i love the ed browns (don't own one unfortunately) but i would not choose an all steel full or commander size 1911 for carry. too heavy for me. lot of nice commander size alloy frame 1911's out there.

3. Officer's Match

Officer's Match S.R.D. v

Jun 22, 2007
    Lancaster, Ohio
    All Ed Brown's are built to the same spec, just different cosmetic styles. I personally think Ed Brown does the best job with commander sized 1911's of anybody, especially if you like bobtails. That said, I've seen Baer Commanche's that were bobbed and look very nice. Baer Commanche's use 5" government frame rail spec's and as such very often won't slingshot, so if that's a issue for your manual of arms then you may want to look elsewhere.

4. Quack

Quack Rent this space

Jan 7, 2002
    NE Ohio
    with the right holster & belt, the extra weight isn't that noticeable.
    since it's winter now, i carry my Korba Carry most of the time. During the summer, my EMP gets carried more.

when i went through the search of a bob-tailed carry 1911, it led me to the Kobra Carry, Wilson Professional and the dealer also had a Les Baer Commanche. Of the guns that were there, the Kobra carry (IMO) was the best of them.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. faawrenchbndr

faawrenchbndr DirtyThirty fan CLM

Nov 24, 2005
    Troy
    Many people carry a G19 with little to no complaints.
    My Ed Brown Kobra Carry is 10 ounces heavier than a G19.

With the right holster, I have an Andrews McDaniel II and soon to carry in a Brommeland Max-Con V.
    For me, the Kobra weight is not an issue, even in Florida. My other CCW is a G30 in a MTAC.

6. Quack

Quack Rent this space

Jan 7, 2002
    NE Ohio
    Thanks OM.

and here's a John Harrison's take on Les Baer's Commander sized pistols

just some food for thought.

7. Thanks Quack, that is one of the reasons why I prefer a Commander sized EB over a LB. I've used the slingshot method my entire shooting career and don't want to change now.

8. Quack

Quack Rent this space

Jan 7, 2002
    NE Ohio
    where are you looking to buy one?
    George at www.migunslingers.com seems like a good place to deal with (prices & service). he also has layaway, even on custom orders.

9. Yep, that's the place. Thanks

10. Quack

Quack Rent this space

Jan 7, 2002
    NE Ohio
  11. willis68

willis68

Nov 9, 2007
    Tennessee
    Go for it, I have bought 10 guns from George, The Executive Carry is an awesome pistol and he will get you a great price, the price of admission is most definitely worth it :cool:

12. Ruggles

Ruggles

Jun 13, 2005
    Tejas
    Yep yep that is the place. Great guy.

13. bac1023

bac1023

Sep 26, 2004
    PA
    The Executive Carry is identical to the Kobra Carry, but has traditional serrations and checkering instead of the snakeskin pattern.

I love my Kobra Carry.

[​IMG]

14. I wish!! I have about 50% saved up now, so I would do a layaway. It's funny how I keep going up in price for my first 1911. I started thinking in the 1K-1200 range. Now look where I've ended up :whistling:. I figure I'm better off saving up and getting that "perfect" 1911 now. George does have an Executive Carry in stock which I really like, but it came without the test fired shell casing required by NY. I will probably have to order one that's NY compliant. Not that I'm in a rush, because it's going to take me a few months to come up with all that MULA :crying:. Thanks

15. :wow: Again!

16. beretta-neo

beretta-neo

Mar 11, 2009
    The Matrix
    I personally don't like the shortened rearstrap of the bobtail when I hold it. I looked at some bobbed Ed Browns, but went with a fullsize model instead.

But man, they sure do look sweet with that bobtail!

[​IMG]

17. Rinspeed

Rinspeed JAFO

Feb 28, 2001
    NY

Tell George to take it out and put a few rounds through it and sell it to you as a used pistol.

18. Quack

Quack Rent this space

Jan 7, 2002
    NE Ohio
    :rofl:

19. Sounds good, and since it will be used, he can knock off a couple hundred dollars. :rofl: