Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Reason #1
  • Reason #2
  • Reason #3

Site Description

Easy "Shortcut" queston (Win XP)

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by Douglas in CT, Jan 5, 2005.

1. Douglas in CT

Douglas in CT Millennium Member

- I have a cable internet service through a company called Cablevision.

- The ISP service is called Optonline, and they provide an email service that allows me a master and 4 sub-account email addresses. At present, I have two email accounts.

- I want to set up a desktop "shortcut" for each email account.

Action taken:
    I have set up two shortcut icons using:
    mail.optonline. (and whatever else showed for that screen in the browser).

No matter what I do, nor which shortcut icon I click, it always shows the log in screen of last email user name (with blank password box) that used the email service.

Is there one?

Thank you.
  2. David_G17

David_G17 /\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

Oct 7, 2002
    it's using cookies. only fix i can think of would be to use a seperate browser program for each account.

each time you log-in, it sets a cookie on your computer saying that specific user is logged in.

it might be possible to write 4 seperate HTML pages with auto-redirects automatically sending the username/password, but that may be more than you are wanting.

3. Melete

Dec 7, 2004
    What you could do is use <a href="">Firefox</a> (or an older version of Netscape/Mozilla) and set it up to use multiple profiles. That avoids the need to have multiple shortcuts -- Just use the Firefox shortcut and it'll ask you which profile you want to use -- this will work not just for the email accounts but will keep all your similar things sorted by user as well -- homepage, bookmarks, etc
  4. modgun

modgun CLM

Nov 15, 2003
    Where you live
    Yes find an email program and set up different profiles for each one.