close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Easy "Shortcut" queston (Win XP)

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by Douglas in CT, Jan 5, 2005.

1. Douglas in CT

Douglas in CT Millennium Member

Background:
    - I have a cable internet service through a company called Cablevision.

- The ISP service is called Optonline, and they provide an email service that allows me a master and 4 sub-account email addresses. At present, I have two email accounts.

- I want to set up a desktop "shortcut" for each email account.

Action taken:
    I have set up two shortcut icons using:
    mail.optonline. (and whatever else showed for that screen in the browser).

Problem:
    No matter what I do, nor which shortcut icon I click, it always shows the log in screen of last email user name (with blank password box) that used the email service.

Fix:
    Is there one?

Thank you.

2. David_G17

David_G17 /\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

Oct 7, 2002
    it's using cookies. only fix i can think of would be to use a seperate browser program for each account.

each time you log-in, it sets a cookie on your computer saying that specific user is logged in.

it might be possible to write 4 seperate HTML pages with auto-redirects automatically sending the username/password, but that may be more than you are wanting.

3. Melete

Melete

Dec 7, 2004
    Tucson
    What you could do is use <a href="http://www.mozilla.org/firefox">Firefox</a> (or an older version of Netscape/Mozilla) and set it up to use multiple profiles. That avoids the need to have multiple shortcuts -- Just use the Firefox shortcut and it'll ask you which profile you want to use -- this will work not just for the email accounts but will keep all your similar things sorted by user as well -- homepage, bookmarks, etc

4. modgun

modgun CLM

Nov 15, 2003
    Where you live
    Yes find an email program and set up different profiles for each one.