EARLY Friday night Music Thread...

Discussion in 'OX & Alex Forum' started by kcb, May 21, 2009.

1. 69stingray

69stingray 427 ci

I'm good, a bit bored but good. My daughter came down and brought her two kids today which was great. :cool: But they had to go back home a little while ago :crying: (which explains the boredom).

How about you?

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. kcb

kcb Southern Lady

Bored would describe it too!

Hubby and I had plans for a night out tonight, but had a "mystery guest" coming in. My hubby's nephew is here for a long weekend from college. (my daughter and her hubby planned the big surprise.) The kids are playing video games...so I'm sitting here half listening to them, and half browsing GT.)

They seem to be having a good time.

My hubby was happy to see his nephew but a bit disappointed that we didn't get our night out alone! :sigh:

He called it an early night, since he has to work tomorrow. BUT we have four days off TOGETHER next weekend. That almost NEVER happens during the school year! :woohoo:

We are going to "run away from home". :rofl: (my daughter and her husband are temporarily staying with us right now.) We can't WAIT until next weekend!

#2962 kcb, Oct 16, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2010
  3. 69stingray

69stingray 427 ci

I know what you mean the kids have been out of the house for so long now it would be hard to have them come back (for other than a few day visit). We have gotten really use to our privacy I guess. It's not that they wouldn't be welcome or anything if the need arose but.... and we really do enjoy it when they stay a night or two, especially the grandkids.

Hope you enjoy next weekend. I've still got a few day of vacation left to burn this year myself, so we may have to plan another little get way for ourselfs.:cool:

4. kcb

kcb Southern Lady

I adore my daughters and my son-in-laws....

the need did arise with our youngest daughter...just after my husband and I grew accustomed to life on our own. It seemed we ALWAYS had the girls, since we had been married a short time when our oldest daughter came along...almost 2 years later.

We didn't expect this, neither did they, but are happy to be here for them.

Hopefully it won't last too long...

We want to be "newlyweds" all over again, like we were a couple of months ago! :)

My daughter said something this evening that makes me hopeful that it isn't going to last as long as she once thought it would. I've been praying hard for that!

I love them dearly....but I believe it's best if we don't all live under the same roof!

:cool:

5. 69stingray

69stingray 427 ci

:cool: I know what you mean.

America

Ventura Highway

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dd2Ch6WBeQU

6. kcb

kcb Southern Lady

7. 69stingray

69stingray 427 ci

yes that was a VERY GOOD year, the early '70s were some of the best years of my life or at least some of my favorite.:cool:

8. kcb

kcb Southern Lady

Mine too.

The summer of 1971....and on....

Awesome! Things were a little more "serious" for me....from that point on....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_uBQ9jvAZU&feature=related

#2972 kcb, Oct 16, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2010
  9. 69stingray

69stingray 427 ci

10. kcb

kcb Southern Lady

11. 69stingray

69stingray 427 ci

12. kcb

kcb Southern Lady

Thanks!