close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

EAA thoughts

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by shadow_dog, Jan 20, 2013.

1. shadow_dog

shadow_dog Hilljack

Mar 6, 2004
    SW Ohio
    LGS has an EAA metal 45 full size in stock. Price seems decent at $460. Any experience with these? I have heard horror stories about EAA in the past but there is something about this one I like. Appreciate any input.

2. countrygun

countrygun

Mar 9, 2012
    I have had a full sized Witness .45 for ten years. It came with a .22 conversion and I immediately ordered a 10mm conversion as well. It has been a great gun the .22 conversion is worth it and is very accurate, the. 45 and 10mms are as well.

I have to admit that, IMO, complaints about them probably stem from the customer Service experience. I called to order the 10mm top and ask one question about fixing a small issue. I wanted to know if I should send the gun in or do it myself and would it void the warranty if I did it. I never knew that anyone took the "Soup Nazi" as a role model before.

Seriously, it was the worst CS experience in my life. Ordering the parts was fine, but heaven help you if you have tiny problem. I have heard the same complaint often and not heard of any staffing changes.

I still recommend the CZ style guns because the design is now pretty well understood by most.

3. concretefuzzynuts

concretefuzzynuts Brew Crew

Dec 27, 2011
    PNW
    I carried an Astra A75 in .40 S&W for a while back in the late 90's. They were made by EAA and it was a solid gun. Never had a problem, wished I never sold it.

4. JimBean

JimBean

Dec 19, 2012
    I don't have any personal experience with EAA guns but the Tangfolio line peaked my interest in the past. I was looking at getting a standard 10 mm and the gun shop sales people tried to talk me out of it. The usual argument was a lack of reliability in feeding and a few people claimed the 10mm version had slides cracking due to quality control issues. I decided not to take a chance on one at that time. So like the OP I am also interested in seeing any feedback on EAA Tangfolios. I have heard more people lead toward a Glock 10mm instead of an EAA gun in this caliber. However I can't make up my mind on this one.

5. countrygun

countrygun

Mar 9, 2012
    I have never heard of the cracking problem with any slides but those with the "wonderfinsh/chrome" I didn't know that when I ordered my 10mm top in wonderfinish. So far no cracks, but I did buy a used .45 compact with that finish and when I got it home and disassembled it was cracking on the interior. Good gunshop, took it back no questions.

6. JimBean

JimBean

Dec 19, 2012
    A quick internet search turns up

http://www.thehighroad.org/archive/index.php/t-625113.html

http://thefiringline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4043474

http://pistolsmith.com/gun-tests/9034-handgun-review-eaa-witness-10mm.html

Maybe this was a bad batch or two. Maybe this is a 10mm specific problem. This kind of makes me wish CZ made a 10

7. countrygun

countrygun

Mar 9, 2012
    I bought the because it was as close to a working Bren Ten as you could get. I've picked up a G-20 but wish Springfield would make an XD 10.

8. bac1023

bac1023

Sep 26, 2004
    PA
    I have a Witness Limited in 38 Super that I love.