close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

E-mail to my local Whole Foods Market.

Discussion in 'Gun-Control Issues' started by Jerry, Jan 24, 2013.

1. Jerry

Jerry
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member Moderator Millennium Member

Thanks TK. And again thanks to everyone. I'm still working on the E-mail.

Seems like I've said this 100 time here but here I go again. I'm highly dyslexic (use spell check). Problem is my eye sees what my mind says is "supposed" to be there. Things like own of our, them for than, they for there. I have the aromatic (automatic... spell check did that) correction turned off bu (but) it still something (sometimes) replaces words and my eye/mind sees the correct word in it's place. Punctuation? Forget it. Just never did and never will stick. Because of this I hardely (hardly) ever send letters or e-mail (to) companies. The words in ( ) shows what I coug (caught). I'm suer (sure) thare (there) are lost (lots) more that I missed.

And before it is asked. Why do I post here? Because the majority of the "true" conservative I've interacted with could care less about spelling and punctuation but are more interested the the facts and information. Liberals on the other-hand like to try to use spelling as a TOOL because they are TOOLS and that's all they have. They ant got no facts to back them up :tongueout:. I could care less because it doesn't take long for their liberalism to show and they NEVER have a legitimate argument. They try to make me look stupid because of my dyslexia but I can show them for the fools they are with facts. I believe it's a pretty good tradeoff. :supergrin:

Anyway! I'll get back to the E-mail tomorrow. Gotta go to work. High ho, high ho! :)

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. warriorking

warriorking
    Expand Collapse

My local Marque Cinema Movie Theatre just posted no firearms signs and I just smiled, silly rabbits..I will just continue to attend the theatre armed as always with my Glock 23...No laws are being broken lest they somehow see I am armed and I refuse to leave..otherwise concealed means concealed....

3. deadmanglocking

deadmanglocking
    Expand Collapse

I'm going to my whole foods this afternoon so I'll check to see it mine has one posted. Mine always has a off duty uniformed Texas Highway Patrol trooper standing guard by customer service. But I carry anyway.

4. scottyd2506

scottyd2506
    Expand Collapse

Don't worry about the spelling crap on here. This is not a novel writers forum. If your sending a resume for a job, then yes it is important to get it right. But people on the forums who nit pic about spelling on a "non spelling" forum, are trolls.
    Write you email, paste it here,before you send and maybe someone here can help fix any small problems.. the copy it and paste it to your email and send.

I hope corporate or the owner of that place is conservative and hears about his liberal managers anti gun policy, and how it is losing him money.

5. Jerry

Jerry
    Expand Collapse

New draft is posted in my first post. I left the old one in a quote box for comparison. Thanks for the help.

Jerry

6. Lord

Lord
    Expand Collapse

I like the new letter as it is. (English major and 4.0 gpa here). Yes, there are typos; no, it does not look like it was written by an English professor. This is good. It shows that you are the average person, that shops at their average store; that you are making the decision that you have the right to make, and you're informing them that you're not returning is due to their own actions. They are supposed to be very interested in customer concern/apathy, so it would be interesting to see how this plays out. Please keep us posted on this.

7. Jerry

Jerry
    Expand Collapse

Thank you very much. Will be sent shortly.

8. JAS104

JAS104
    Expand Collapse
    NRA Life Member

That really sucks, I'm sorry. I've got a Whole Foods two blocks from me that is killer. However, if they posted "No Firearms" I'd immediately find somewhere else. I dont know what'd happen to their business with a Police Precinct a block away and the LEOs there go to Whole Foods all the time for lunch. Then again, no firearms doesnt apply to them does it.

9. concretefuzzynuts

concretefuzzynuts
    Expand Collapse
    Brew Crew

I have gone to the manager of stores in person to speak with them. It is easy to read a letter halfway thru and just throw it away but harder to ignore a customer they've seen before talking face to face. I got an AT&T store and a SunTrust Bank to change their policies by doing this.

10. Jerry

Jerry
    Expand Collapse

Everyone, thank you for all your help. This is what was E-mailed to the store and I'm Snail mailing a copy to John Mackey. No I didn't use xxxx in the mailings. :supergrin:

Store Team Leader
    Jeffery Zerweck

RE: Recent change to the store

To: Mr. Zerweck

My family and I started shopped at the xxxx Whole Foods in the 1990s and have been shopping at the Xxxx, Xxxx location since it opened. Since we enjoy the friendly courteous service and verity of goods we spend on average $750.00 a month at your market.

Last week my wife and I arrived and were disappointed to find that someone had posted a No Firearms sign at the entrance to the store. My wife and I are both license by the state of Louisiana to carry concealed firearms and I possess a City of Xxxx Special Officers Commission. Since we always carry canceled we returned to our vehicle and left. You have rendered both our carry permits and my commission null and void on your property. You have also announces to the criminals that you have created a victim rich environment for them. Do you honestly believe a sign is going to stop "criminals" from bringing firearms in your store? All the sign does is stop honorable men and women who have qualified and carry firearms for self-defense from entering.

Whole Food is the only Market in Xxxx that has chosen to post such a sign. Since you have chosen to deny us our right while on you property, my family and I will be shopping elsewhere.

Should you choose to remove the sign we would enjoy making Whole Foods our grocery store once again.

Sincerely,

Me
    Address.
    Parish, Louisiana, Zip

Cc:
    John Mackey, co-Chief Executive Officer
    Whole Foods Market, Inc.
    550 Bowie Street
    Austin, TX 78703-4644

11. ChuteTheMall

ChuteTheMall
    Expand Collapse
    HildabeastHater

Try to get some fellow shooters in Xxxx to join you.

Maybe prepare some brief sample scripts for them.

12. Doc McGlock

Doc McGlock
    Expand Collapse

The only change would be that I would send it USPS registered mail to get his attention!

13. Jerry

Jerry
    Expand Collapse

Now why in the hell didn't I think of that. Damn! Too late wife already mailed it. :embarassed:

14. Doc McGlock

Doc McGlock
    Expand Collapse

I'm curious to see what they say!

#34 Doc McGlock, Jan 28, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2013
  15. JAS104

JAS104
    Expand Collapse
    NRA Life Member

IF they respond. When I'm in there and see the employees and management (at least here in Philly) I dont really get the "gun friendly" vibe. :whistling:

16. RGbiker

RGbiker
    Expand Collapse

A couple of Whole Foods Markets in Tucson are posted no firearms, so I don't shop there.

Another Organic foods market chain in Tucson, "Sprouts", accepts CC or OC, so they get my $$$.

17. Lord

Lord
    Expand Collapse

You don't just need shooters/carriers there to support you. The minute I read your post, aside from responding previously, I told my wife we're not going there anymore. As far as I am concerned, if they ban carry in one spot, then their stand on the subject is out. With that being the case, as long as they ban ANY law abiding citizen from legally carrying, then they don't want my business either.

I'm with you on this. I saw a "no concealed weapons" sign on the window at the book store where I get my textbooks from and decided that I made my last purchase there. While that sign doesn't prohibit me from carrying concealed legally, it still shows me their true colors.

#37 Lord, Jan 29, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2013
  18. Jerry

Jerry
    Expand Collapse

If and when I hear from the manager and or John Mackey I'll post.

RGbiker and Lord, thank you for your support.

The day of 9/11 K/Mart pulled all firearms and ammunition off the shelf. I used to go thee a-lot. I hadn't shopped there since 9/11. Sears recently bought the K/Mart name. Sears supports our troops and as far as I know our rights. No signs on Sears or K/Mart stores. I now go to K/Mart again. I do my best to stay away from businesses/companies that restricts rights and poops on our military personnel. I do my best to support the GOOD one's. We had a list here at one time. It was L O N G. It went out of dated so I un-sticked it long ago.

If y'all would like to start building a list of businesses that support CCW and one for companies that are anti gun (either or, or both) I'll be happy to sticky it.

#38 Jerry, Jan 29, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2013
  19. concretefuzzynuts

concretefuzzynuts
    Expand Collapse
    Brew Crew

I got a check today for a sold item and took it to the bank it was drawn from to cash it. There was a sign on the door that said:

While waiting for my money the teller asked if I wanted to open an account there. I politely and clearly stated:

It is the same speech I have practiced and repeated at other businesses.

Her non-response told me I made a statement she hadn't expected. I didn't talk to the manager but the manager heard me because she was watching the whole transaction and clearly heard me.

20. ChuteTheMall

ChuteTheMall
    Expand Collapse
    HildabeastHater

I heard that Glock Talk.com is pro gun. Well, mostly.