close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

DW Guardian

Discussion in '1911 Forums' started by Scratch16, Aug 9, 2011.

1. Scratch16

Scratch16

Aug 9, 2011
    NE Indiana
    Is the Guardian (9mm) as soft a shooter as a 5 inch model? I know it's an aluminum frame, so I'm wondering if it transmits more energy to the shooter.

I'm a 1911 noob, so please be gentle...

2. 20South

20South

Nov 18, 2002
    East of CBUS
    Smaller gun, lighterframe will normally lead to more energy returned to the shooter. But it's still 9mm, still a 1911, making it better on recoil than similar sized polymers.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2011
  3. drc767

drc767 Navy CSAR

Dec 30, 2007
    Tennessee
    I got two of them in yesterday as base guns for an upcoming project. I shot 50 rounds through one and was amazed how soft shooting it was. I cannot wait to see how it handles a .38 Super!! :)

4. Nice Dave. Can't wait either.

5. Quack

Quack Rent this space

Jan 7, 2002
    NE Ohio
    soft shooter. also the firing pin stop in more square which will result in less felt recoil. Hokie and knedrgr noted that the Guardian shot softer than my all steel 5" 9mm 1911.

6. rsxr22

rsxr22

Feb 25, 2009
    Youngstown, OH
    Never shot a Guardian, but I do have an EMP and i know how soft mine shoots, i would only imagine that it would be even better!

7. Scratch16

Scratch16

Aug 9, 2011
    NE Indiana
    This is what my assumption would have been had Quack and the rest of the NE corner of Ohio chimed in.

Thanks for your input!

8. Scratch16

Scratch16

Aug 9, 2011
    NE Indiana
    As impossible as it seems, I take you guys at your word. I suppose the only way I'll know for sure is to just buy one, huh? :whistling:

I stumbled on those earlier and really enjoyed the read. Thanks for sharing the knowledge!

9. Yes, I'd shot Quack's DW Guardian. And it was pretty awesome. Fitment is as good as any semi-custom 1911. It's one of the nicest balanced 1911 I've ever shot. It's almost as good as a SACS 9mm government.

And then you can fit a 38Super barrel into the DW and you'll have a kick ass toy.

10. Hokie1911

Hokie1911 >

Dec 26, 2003
    NE Ohio
    Ditto above. It's a very well thought out and put together heater. I wouldn't hesitate to EDC one. It's a lot of fun to shoot and if you don't roll your own, 9mm is a lot easier on the wallet.

11. hopefully, I'll be rolling my own 9mm heater...

12. Quack

Quack Rent this space

Jan 7, 2002
    NE Ohio
    No track days this year = more gun stuff :supergrin:

13. Scratch16

Scratch16

Aug 9, 2011
    NE Indiana
    I don't think I can come up with a logical reason not to pick one up. Could this be the beginning of a "The Corner of NE Ohio Made Me Buy It" group?

14. Hokie1911

Hokie1911 >

Dec 26, 2003
    NE Ohio
    Wasn't us. :rofl:

:welcome: by the way...

Last edited: Aug 9, 2011
  15. Scratch16

Scratch16

Aug 9, 2011
    NE Indiana
    I'm gonna have to point the finger at someone. It might as well be you guys.

16. shssss.

Honestly, I need to get my valves adjusted. It's at 27K since stock setting. So time to tear into the head and look at the valves. So that's going to be a project. Good thing no special tools require. Just need to check the clearance and order the appropriate shims for it. And I really don't fell like doing that before the track day, and I'm not about to ring the bike to 16K+ RPM for 3+hours w/ out of wack valves.

And then there are my tires... :upeyes:

17. I'm still down for that.