close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

DW 1911 Owners?

Discussion in '1911 Forums' started by clarkstoncz, Apr 16, 2012.

1. I had noticed those. They do look great on that gun! :cool:

2. sns3guppy

sns3guppy

Sep 4, 2006
    Ah, you're the thread police, are you? Yes, the original poster asked about DW handguns, which is why I responded, discussing several of my DW handguns. I also responded to another poster, not that it's any particular business of yours. I've yet to hear a conversation in a bar or on the street, or at work, in which some idiot holds up his hand and loudly announces "what you just said has nothing to do with the first sentence spoken in this conversation, and is therefore, irrelevant! Kindly shut up!"

Why is it that people feel obliged to do that in an internet conversation?

It's talk; it varies, it meanders, it drifts. That's not a bad thing.

Your post, however, is irrelevant: DW isn't a semi-custom firearm, either.

Heaven forbid anyone breathe a word that's not in perfect harmony with the first sentence written by the original poster. The sky might just cave in.

3. deadite

deadite Groovy.

Thank you, that was beautiful. :)

4. LMFAO!

He must not know about how a thread can turn out on this sub-forum.

5. Nicely put! :cool:

6. Sorry I don't have a pic of just the CBOBs by themselves.

Top one is 45 ACP, bi tone one is 10mm.

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

7. Whiskey Six

Whiskey Six Marine 0369 Platinum Member

Jul 25, 2007
    Kansas
  8. Cobra64

Cobra64 Deals in Facts

My 2009 Valor was one of those when I called the factory, spoke with Keith and asked him if he would build one with a bobtail.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The following year, DW added the VBOB to their product line.

9. Cobra64

Cobra64 Deals in Facts

Smart man. :)

Shortly after getting my Valor I decided I wanted the same KN Nill ergonomics (palmswell) on my Valor that I loved on my Sigs, so I called Sarge. He knew exactly what I was looking for ergonomically, so after I picked out the wood, he created these:

[​IMG]

The other request I made was to have the edges of the grips completely taper down to the front and read back straps.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Cobra64

Cobra64 Deals in Facts

I've said it dozens of times over the years: the CBOB is the best looking stainless 1911 ever built; and this one got me turned on to Sarge's work.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. Cobra64

Cobra64 Deals in Facts

Cool you jets, sonny. You're insulting a couple of guys who know more about 1911s than you'll ever hope to.

First of all, DWs are not custom, despite what they, or Les Baer might chisel on the slides. Tighter tolerances and more spit and polish on critical surfaces just make a stock pistol more likable.

Running a few thousand Valors off a line hardly classifies it as "custom." When I ordered my Valor bobtailed from the factory with "no advertising," and it arrived 9 months later with "custom" on the slide, I was very surprised it showed up that way.

Coincidentally or not, I surmise mine ended up actually being a prototype for the VBOB since DW offered as a stock model the following year.

My advice is to watch and listen to guys like Brian and a dozen others around here who live and breath 1911s.

By the way, the guy who owns this 1911 collection, carries a Kimber.

[​IMG]

12. Nakanokalronin

Nakanokalronin JMB & MTK

May 13, 2008
    My only DW 1911 is a 2011 Valor but I have to say, it's quality of parts and attention to detail are far above any other production 1911 I've shot,handled or owned.

[​IMG]

I'm really looking forward to the DW ECO. The single recoil spring is supposedly rated for 15,000rds. :wow: Pretty crazy since full size 1911s are supposed to have their recoil springs changed at the 1,500-2,500rd mark.

13. tim12232

tim12232 Pistolero

Aug 15, 2011
    midwest
    I know of many people who love their Kimbers and Im happy for them! I had a TLE a number of years back when they were dicking around with the external extractor, mine had extractor problems as well as feeding problems went back to them twice and then sold it after getting it back the last time. I know that DW has had their own issues in the past, hell Nighthawk is having issues recently. Im just saying I had a nightmare with Kimber and their CS didnt ever really want to own up to it, it was all my fault. Thats why I dont like Kimber and I wont recommend them. They are tools with moving parts, they are subjected to high heat, high pressure and high impact I understand how a gun works. I have never claimed to be a 1911 know it all, I try to gain as much knowledge and understanding as I can. I sure hope and pray to God that someday I will be as knowledgeable as the people you are speaking of :upeyes:

14. yrbender

yrbender

Jun 25, 2009
  15. HAIL CAESAR

HAIL CAESAR Senior Member

Mar 1, 2007
    In my shop
    [​IMG][/IMG]
    [​IMG][/IMG]
    [​IMG][/IMG]

Here are pics of a couple of mine.

16. SDGlock23

SDGlock23 Glockoholic

I've had several DW's, all fantastic. A CBOB which I regret selling, a VBOB, a CCO and several black and stainless Valors. This is the only one I have now, my only 1911.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. crazymoose

crazymoose Nonentity

Feb 9, 2005
    Somehow, the terms "production," "semi-custom," and "custom" have come to come to be used as indicators of quality rather than method of production. I would argue that the vast majority of most 1911 makers, even companies like Wilson or Brown, produce "production" guns. A pistol sent to a gunsmith for some checkering and a trigger job is semi-custom. A gun built to unique specs, even if it's done by some horrible bubba gunsmith is a "custom" 1911.

Otherwise I agree with your post 100%.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2012
  18. HAIL CAESAR

HAIL CAESAR Senior Member

Mar 1, 2007
    In my shop
    Very true. Fusion could be called a custom as they are built the way you want one, but Fusions are sheet.

19. Gary1911A1

Gary1911A1

Jun 14, 2005
    Ohio for now
    I carry a Dan Wesson CCO every day. It is my favorite carry 1911. I liked it so much I got another one.