close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

DVD brain fart help

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by ghosthuntr1, Sep 18, 2008.

1. ghosthuntr1

ghosthuntr1

May 8, 2008
    AZ
    I have a Dell E510 desktop which I use to play DVD movies on, now it wont play. Its opening w/ media player v9 and

says Windows Media Player cannot play this DVD because a problem occurred with digital copyright protection.

Which is crazy I own the movies and have played them on here in past. I can play this and other movies on other people computers. What am I missing? I recovered the system about 6 months ago.

Thanks

2. JMag

JMag

Feb 7, 2001
    USA:Love it or leave!
    I would simply download another video player; free ones are out there. Google...your friend in times of need.

3. LAWDOGKMS

LAWDOGKMS

Jun 11, 2001
    TX
    VLC is your friend..

I've been using the FREE VLC player for years, and it will play ANYTHING, from .VOB files to Quicktime files..

http://www.videolan.org/vlc/

4. Razrbk444

Razrbk444 Sumthin' Witty Silver Member

Jul 22, 2006
    NE Arkansas
    +1.... VLC is a very good media player.

5. wbgolden

wbgolden

Sep 16, 2008
    VLC is good. Very good!

I did have this same problem with Media Player 10. Some DVD I played had installed another DVD playing program, which messed with MP10. Played the DVD with the new program fine. Went back to MP10. Problem magically disappeared. :)

6. d3athp3nguin

d3athp3nguin

Aug 7, 2007
    Yeah, yeah, I'm a copycat, but seriously... VLC + anything = win.

7. Big Al 24

Big Al 24

Apr 23, 2008
    Has anyone mentioned VLC? It's great, in case you've never been told about it. :wavey: