close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

durocoated shotgun

Discussion in 'Tactical Shotguns' started by Tom from Sauk, Feb 14, 2010.

1. I just got my truck shotgun back together. I used Aug green and Magpul tan. It was pretty easy and turned out great. It will be much better protected than before.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thanks,
    Tom

2. cj5mrt

cj5mrt

Dec 26, 2005
    Central FL
    Looks good. I'm about ready to duracoat mine in Stainless, if it ever warms up enough.

Mike

3. mixflip

mixflip

Mar 4, 2009
    Nice. What did you do to your muzzle? It looks as if you cut it at an angle to create a huge syringe for a thrust attack? Kinda like a built in bayonet so to speak huh? I am sure it changes your pattern too? If so how does the pattern look?

4. Mongosafari

Mongosafari El diablo verde

I have seen that before. The guy claims it helps reduce muzzle climb.

As long as it makes you happy...

I had this funny thought hours later; Would the ATF Agent measure from the long or short side...

Last edited: Feb 14, 2010
  5. lawndart98

lawndart98

Sep 16, 2009

+1 what's the benefit of that modification?

6. Benefits, we don't need no stinkin' benefits. I didn't plan on any benfits for the angle of the barrel. I wanted to sharpen the muzzle of the shotgun and figured that the 45 degree angle would give me more of a cutting edge. What you can't tell in the picture, is that I sharpened the end of the barrel. So yea, basically I've got a 12 guage bayonet. Will it function? I don't know, I can't find a volunteer to try it on. :rofl: As far a patterning, i can hit a human sillouette at ten yards. Its kept in the truck to dispatch roadkill. It seems to shoot slugs accurate enough at ten yards. And for $40 I didn't get stiffed too bad.
    Thanks,
    Tom

7. I Duracoated a Mossberg 500 for my son a couple of years ago. So far it has held up very well and the gun did not show any rust when my other 2 500's did.

[​IMG]