close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Duck Boat

Discussion in 'Hunting, Fishing & Camping' started by rustychev, Jan 4, 2007.

1. rustychev

rustychev

Sep 22, 2002
    SD
    Ok Im out of the doghouse with the wife so its time to have some fun. I want a duck boat and I would like to build one myself. Anyone ever done this. Im thinking wood and fiberglass but I have never worked with fiberglass before. Im heading to the book stor this afternoon to do some reading. Any ideas or thoughts would be great.

2. GlockTom

GlockTom Old Soul

Apr 19, 2006
    Plant City, FL.
    My first thought....

Go buy an inexpensive Jon boat and save yourself a lot of work and grief. But that is ME... I have worked with fiberglass (more importantly fiber and gel coat over marine ply... I don't have the patience to make it right... but then again, I don't do body work on my cars either. My hourly wage is just way too high.

Good Luck though and POST PICS when you are done!!!

Tom

:needspics:

3. rustychev

rustychev

Sep 22, 2002
    SD
    This all started because my dad use to have a boat that he build that was just great to hunt out of. Two guys me at 12 and him could pick it up with 6 dozen decs and both guns and then just cary the 15hp merc over and slap it on and be on our way and it only needs maybe 6-8" of water. I would like to build the same one but cant find the plans. So imthinking of going from memery. Thoughts?

4. Building a boat won't be cheap

> marine plywood
    > expoy resin
    > saws
    > sander
    >alots of headache

I don't amire your challenge

btw: I've been working on building a boat for about 4 years and haven't yet to finish it :sad:

I got my pirogue plans from http://www.unclejohns.com