Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Reason #1
  • Reason #2
  • Reason #3

Site Description

dry fire?

Discussion in 'The 10 Ring' started by 527varmint, Apr 24, 2010.

1. 527varmint

Aug 9, 2009
    Is it ok to dry fire a G-20? Or should I order some snap caps along with my ammo?

I went down and did all the paperwork today. Love the od green! It is sweet! I had to show I know how to safely handle the gun. I have never really played with a glock before. I need to get some practice with it so I can operate everything about it with my eyes closed. Its most likely if I ever had to use the gun it is going to be total darkness.

I'm going to order my simply rugged holster today or tomarrow I already contacted rob. I'm going to get it with a chest rig and horizontal shoulder rig. Of course it can be carried strong side or cross draw. Its going to be awesome! I am soooooo excited! I also signed for my new tikka and the leupold scope is sitting here waiting!
  2. Bullman

Bullman Deranged Deputy

Oct 11, 2003
    SW Virginia
    It never hurts to use snap caps, saves any possible wear and tear you might put on the striker. That said, I know folks that have dry fired thousands of simulated rounds without and have not harmed their strikers. You should be okay till you get some snap caps.

3. DrtyHarry

Sep 26, 2007
    Don't think you need them on a Glock, but I use them anyway.