Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Connect with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Read up on the latest product reviews
  • Make new friends to go shooting with!
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

Glock Talk is the #1 site to discuss the world’s most popular pistol, chat about firearms, accessories and more.

Drunk vs drunk...what are the chances?

Discussion in 'Firefighter/EMS Talk' started by ClydeG19, Feb 4, 2005.

1. ClydeG19

Oct 5, 2001
    Had a pin tonight right as I got to the station (I normally go there to work out after work). It wasn't too spectacular but it was my first. We simply popped the driver's door on one of the cars involved and rolled the guy out.

The interesting thing is that one drunk guy hit another drunk guy coming the other way. Not that I wish for anyone to be hurt, but you can't pick a better combo. No innocents hurt and two dui's in handcuffs (after a trip to the hospital for the one).

It will be interesting for the insurance companies to battle out the cause of the accident. In PA, if you are drunk then you caused the accident, even if you really didn't. Someone could rear end you and you still caused it. I wonder how they will sort this one out.
  2. xtrik8ifc

Apr 24, 2004
    sounds like poetic justice to me.

3. obxprnstar

obxprnstar Goth Lover

Jan 8, 2003
    Zombie Patrol
    Wow, What are the odds?

I know all of us has showed up at a wreck involving a drunk and some poor family that he just hit/ wrecked their life.

But when you show up to this one, you just kind of look and say, "Wow, this couldn't have happened to two better folks"
  4. nam02G

nam02G First throwing ax bullseye.

Feb 4, 2002
    Vancouver USA
    I've only ever felt sorry for one drunk driver, and then only a little. I went on this call in the middle of the night and this guy had been driving a yellow Toyota 4X4 pickup. The pickup was sitting in the middle of the road looking like a crushed pop can. The guy kept telling this tail about a black car with no lights that came out of nowhere, hit him then disappeared. I still believe him, nothing in the area had been hit by his truck. No yellow paint scrapped off on anything around.
  5. kels

Jul 26, 2002
    It happens, but not very much.
  6. Rob72

Jan 25, 2005
    OKC, OK
    "J" was feeling pissed, that night! (MIB);f