close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

dropped letters

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by happyguy, Dec 28, 2008.

1. happyguy

happyguy Man, I'm Pretty

I'm having a heck of a time. When I try to type in the reply box on GT my keyboard drops letters. It's almost like there is no keyboard buffer and I'm typing faster than my computer can keep up. If you've ever seen me type you'd know what a joke that is.

Does anyone know what is going on?

Regards,
    Happyguy :)

2. happyguy

happyguy Man, I'm Pretty

wired

but it's only a problem online.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2008
  3. MDBULLET

MDBULLET

Nov 30, 2004
    South Dakota
    I have not had that happen on a wired keyboard in 10 years, It happens every now and the with my wireless set up and all i have to do is move around the infered sensor. The one time it happed with a wired one it was just a bad keyboard. Do you have a spare you can hook up and test out? Dave

4. happyguy

happyguy Man, I'm Pretty

I don't think it is the keyboard because when I'm not online it isn't a problem.

5. COMplex

COMplex

Oct 23, 2008
    Denver, CO
    What browser are you using? Does it happen if you use a different browser? Firefox, Chrome, Opera, etc.

6. happyguy

happyguy Man, I'm Pretty

IE 7, maybe I'll download Firefox or something and give that a try. It's really getting to be annoying.

Thanks

7. happyguy

happyguy Man, I'm Pretty

Maybe IE 7 isn't all it's cracked up to be. I downloaded Firefox and the problem has dissappeared

8. MDBULLET

MDBULLET

Nov 30, 2004
    South Dakota
    If it is IE 7 you can always try a windows update and see if there is any new fixes

9. happyguy

happyguy Man, I'm Pretty

I keep all my stuff pretty well updated but I went to the Microsoft website to see if there was anything that I could find. There wasn't anything for IE 7 but they had the IE 8 Beta listed so I downloaded it and am using it now. So far everything seems fine and web pages open much faster than they did with IE 7

Anyone know of any issues with the IE 8 Beta?

10. MDBULLET

MDBULLET

Nov 30, 2004
    South Dakota
    IE 8 Beta huh? I may go and try that as well,,, thanks for the info. Dave