close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

driving through MD w/ 15rd mags (no ammo)

Discussion in 'Maryland/D. C. Glockers' started by RedSoxMD, Jan 1, 2009.

1. AG ruling on loaded mags

Last edited: Aug 29, 2011
  2. VIPRETR2

VIPRETR2

Aug 29, 2009
    From what I understand you can not build an unregulated firearm out of regulated parts. In other words you can't build an unregulated HBAR with a regulated receiver. Once the lower is "in the system" it stays forever. I wouldn't advise building an HBAR like this and trying to sell it as unregulated in Maryland.

3. aliasneo07

aliasneo07

Nov 2, 2009
    Annapolis, MD
    That is incorrect. Loaded mags are okay

4. byf43

byf43 NRA Life Member

Apr 13, 2006
    Southern Maryland
    Sorry. I don't stop in this sub-forum very often.

When I bought my Colt HBAR (Colt Sporter Match HBAR to be exact), in July, 1994, the dealer submitted the 'paperwork' on this rifle, even though according to the law(s), he didn't have to.

Now, IF I ever decide to sell it, this rifle has to be transferred just like it was a 'restricted' arm, in Maryland.

Once in the system . . . always in the system.:steamed:

5. Ahmid

Ahmid CLM

Feb 6, 2007
    S.E.Florida
    You hit it right directly on the the head. The law means nothing in Maryland.
    They will lock you up in a heartbeat even if you have the entire pistiol taken apart and put into seperate packages no ammo no magazine. It's worth it to take a detour around that state.

6. countsk

countsk

Sep 29, 2009
    Just put it in your luggage and throw some Obama/Biden, Coexist and pro-abortion bumper stickers on your bumper and go for it.

7. backbore

backbore

Mar 6, 2003
    Maryland
    Name one incident where this has happened. Show an article, don't repeat a story from some guy who heard it from another guy. Secondly, you'd leave Woodbridge, Va on a trip to lets say, Philly and drive to the mountains of West Virginia? Really? You are some kinda paranoid. Calm down man, take a deep breath and relax.

8. Hyperbole aside, I travel with full 20 round mags all the time. On Oct 1, buying, selling, manufacturing and transfer of mags >20 rounds will be illegal. Simple possession is still legal afterr Oct. 1

Loaded mags are legal in MD.

see attached AG opinion.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2013