close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Drive Imaging Software

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by mfackler, Jul 17, 2005.

1. As I have posted here before, I just built my first PC. With lots of help I now have it dual booting Win XP Pro and Debian Sarge. I have been looking at drive imaging software to back up my work to this point. I thought Norton Ghost was going to be top of the line. I purchased a copy of V 9. After reading HERE it looked like the included Ghost 2003 CD would be the way to go. I did get it to work backing up to a DVD, BUT I was very UN impressed! I wanted it to back up to my external USB HD. I must say even the manual states this may be a problem. At one point I thought it had messed up my MBR so now I'm afraid to mess with it much more. Anyway I am now looking at R DRIVE ??

What is a good, fairly simple but secure, program I can use to image the way I want? What do you use? Should I give Ghost 9 a shot? Or keep trying to work with Ghost 2003?

Edited to add...

Right now it appears R Drive may be stalled and/or taking forever??

2. pyblood

pyblood

Dec 22, 2003
    Mississippi
    I like Acronis True Image. I think that it’s one of the best out there. It’s easy to use and can be used for a bare metal restoration. Check out www.acronis.com.

3. cgwahl

cgwahl Sheriffs a near

Feb 15, 2002
    CA
    Was about to ask a similar question as well.

Looking for a cheap (preferably free) alternative to Norton Ghost since I am going to be doing a complete reinstall of my system in the next month or two and would not mind an image after I get everything the way I want it.

4. What I have decided to do is give the Ghost v9 a try sense I already own it. It seems to work MUCH better for me then 2003. I'll give Acronis True Image a look as well. Thanks for the lead.

Mike