Draw from concealed on moving target

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by 280Z, Jun 11, 2013.

1. 280Z

Distance was around 50ft. Let me know how I did.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7iH0Vf6rUSU&list=UUAnZ4e-mYLqiDX0gP9OqIlg&index=1"]Moving target - YouTube[/ame]

My buddy from way up north built the moving target out of junk and I helped him put it up. It is really fun to shoot at!

My buddy:
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4T4p-F9iEfU&list=UUAnZ4e-mYLqiDX0gP9OqIlg"]The worlds best moving target setup sort of - YouTube[/ame]

The cameraman has a remote to turn the target on and off, we were going for an unannounced start to see what our reaction times would be.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Loading...

Similar Threads Forum Date
    Man Pretends To Surrender Then Draws His Concealed Firearm The Okie Corral Sep 3, 2014
    Draw a gun on a chief at the police department = lots of holes Cop Talk Wednesday at 11:20 PM
    Withdrawn Gun Parts & Accessories Aug 18, 2015
    Withdrawn Gun Parts & Accessories Aug 10, 2015
    Withdrawn Firearms Listings Aug 8, 2015

3. You just stood there. You need to be moving. Take a lesson from your target.

4. 280Z

Shooting at a moving target felt pretty natural. I have done very little shooting on the move, When I have, it feels very unnatural and uncontrolled so I guess that means more practice is in order. I imagine one would start out with a walk and work up to a faster pace? I also found I need to work on achieving a shooting grip when I draw.

5. glock2740

glock2740 Gun lover.

This.^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    This.^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    And this.^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

6. Do it at night and be sure your target has smoked a bowl of crack prior. :supergrin:

7. 280Z

Hummmm.... We might have to turn up the speed from the 3mph we have it set at now... and I might have to switch up to the 12ga to score any hits. :supergrin:

8. No need, just watch a John Woo movie 1st........:supergrin:

9. "Oh no. Zombie Failure."

This has made me curious as to whether or not the stereotypical "bad guy" moves while he shoots.

10. A lot of the time, in real life, yes, he does.