close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Drag Bars - Body Recovery

Discussion in 'Firefighter/EMS Talk' started by WIMPY, Jun 8, 2006.

1. WIMPY

WIMPY

Jul 2, 2005
    MEMPHIS, TN
    I was wondering what kind of drag bars are in use? My unit has been using the same type of bar- made out of 3/4" galvanized pipe in a 't' shape & treble hooks- for years and I got to wondering if there were other types in use. Yes we have black water divers but they won't go into a lot of stuff around here, but people will swim in it???. Did not find anything searching the net so i came to the experts.

2. hotpig

hotpig IAFF Local 4766 CLM

Sounds like what we use in the Mississippi and Illinois River to drag with.

3. E.Ritz

E.Ritz

Mar 8, 2004
    Tennessee
    We use one made out of 3/4" rebar. 3 treble hooks, its not T shaped though, I'll see if I can get a pic and post it. Be patient, it may take me a day or two.

4. WIMPY

WIMPY

Jul 2, 2005
    MEMPHIS, TN
    A second question on this thread. What do you use fail to make the hooks come off before breaking the bar when it gets hung. We are breaking a lot of bars because the small chain we use to connect the hook to the bar is to strong to break before the bar breaks.

5. pyroman002

pyroman002

Jun 8, 2002
    Louisiana
    Maybe see what kind the gov't was using during Katrina. It's not a discussed topic, but they were dragging canals and Lake Ponchartrain with many vessels.