close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Double Tap 200 gr Hardcast

Discussion in 'The 10 Ring' started by COM165, Nov 12, 2011.

1. COM165

COM165

Jul 31, 2008
    NY
    I shot the DT 180gr HP's out of my G20SF w/ no issues. Today I shot some 200gr hardcast ammo. It was an accurate round. But out of 42 rounds, I had 5 malfunctions because the primers were getting blown out of the casing and getting jammed up in the ejection port preventing the slide from going into battery.

Anyone else experience this? I picked up some Remington 180gr HPs that claim to be high velocity. I haven't shot them yet.

So now I have a dilemma. Which rounds do I carry in my 20SF as a back up to my Savage 116? There have been some pretty big black bear spotted were I hunt. 400-450# range.

2. CanyonMan

CanyonMan In The Saddle

Jul 26, 2002

Well, I would suggest to you Buffalo Bore if you 'must" use a 10mm on bear. http://www.buffalobore.com/index.php?l=product_detail&p=219

As everyone around here knows, I am not in favor of this caliber on bear. Deer is the limit IMO. If ya want bear protection step up to 44mag at least. ;)

Stay safe amigo !

CM

Last edited: Nov 12, 2011

3. TreyG-20

TreyG-20 Second2None

Look at Swampfoxammo his stuff is premium stuff. His handle on here mudrush and he will work with you

4. arushus

arushus Biggest Member

Jul 22, 2011
    NE Oklahoma
    Definitely need some swampfox 180gr hardcast rounds!

5. COM165

COM165

Jul 31, 2008
    NY
    Thanks brother, but I love the Glock trigger. I like the idea of having 15+1 and a spare mag w/ another 15.

This is just a BUG anyway. If I see a big black bear, I'm gonna hit him with a .270 if I have the time. That should do the job.

6. CanyonMan

CanyonMan In The Saddle

Jul 26, 2002

There ya go ! ;)

Good shooting

CM