close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Double Mag Holder for HPR

Discussion in 'Band of Glockers' started by Young Once, Apr 25, 2009.

1. Does anyone use a double mag holder for their HPR for Home Defense? Was thinking of getting one, but am not sure about the added weight. Can anyone tell me their experience with double mag holders? TIA.

2. Kaiser Soze

Kaiser Soze Notorious

Jul 27, 2006
    Do you mean mag-couplers? Or a Redi-Mag? Ok naman, the weight is negligible with a good sling :)

3. I think Mag Coupler. That gizmo you use to hold two mags together at the same time, while one is inserted in the gun. Good to know that weight is not an issue. GUess I'll get one soon enough. Thanks KS

4. akula

akula BizDuc NM Millennium Member

Oct 11, 1999
    Diri, Diha, Didto
    I've used this before although I have didn't encounter problems, but there are some valid issues (disadvantage) to think about :

1. Some says that the ammo (specifically, the 1st) on the spare/uninserted mag would move forward (eventually) and would interfere during the actual reloading process.

2. Dumping the coupled mag when you'll be reloading your '3rd' mag load requires a different or larger mouth dump pouch.

3. The coupled of mags actually is three-mag wide. Not only a different kind of mag-pouch needed, but takes up space.

5. BrassKnuckle

BrassKnuckle

Mar 2, 2008
    I use them on my HD gun. It's reassuring to know that I have 2 mags with it when I grab the gun. I load 2 tracers on the bottom of the first mag. When I see them fly I know it's time to switch over.

Weight was never an issue.