close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

double fire

Discussion in 'GATE AR-15 Forum' started by J.Hawkins1977, Jul 19, 2010.

1. J.Hawkins1977

J.Hawkins1977
    Expand Collapse

Mr. Beene,
    My rifle has been double firing.I keep all extra clean and well lubed with clp and milcom.This does not happen all the time maybe two to three times a mag.I switched bolt group from another rifle and it stopped.The bcg in question was put in the new rifle and started short stroking without having the double burst.please help ,thankyou

2. RainierArms

RainierArms
    Expand Collapse

MOST doubling problems are disconnector related. First make sure the fire control parts are clean and properly lubed and check that the hammer and trigger springs are in their proper locations. Check the spring on the disconnector. Make sure it's not upside down. The wide end of the spring goes down towards the hammer. If that's ok, replace the disconnector. If that doesn't fix it, replace the hammer.

3. Constructor

Constructor
    Expand Collapse

Rainer is correct most of the time it is disconnector related or the users finger is bumping the trigger upon recoil.
    Try squeezing the trigger and holding it back do not let it reset, after the bullet hits the target release the trigger while keeping the muzzle pointed down range because it could fire upon releasing the trigger do this several times slow. If it doubles then it is trigger/hammer/disconnector related.
    If it stops when the trigger is held to the rear then it could be an unintentional bump.