close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

"Doomsday Prepper" stripped of firearms as mentally defective after show

Discussion in 'Survival/Preparedness Forum' started by humanguerrilla, Feb 11, 2012.

1. humanguerrilla

humanguerrilla

Jul 25, 2006
    the woods
    I had watched some of this guys videos and he didn't seem like the brightest bulb and haven't seen any of the show he was featured on but...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUv9pjxq5QI&feature=player_embedded"]No more Prepping for Me - YouTube[/ame]

...interesting.

2. G29Reload

G29Reload Tread Lightly

Sep 28, 2009
    Interesting.

First, he broke rule one. We know what that is. So, talking too much isn't very bright.

I would have told the doctor, sorry, I'm not experiencing a medical emergency. Not going to the Emergency room.

When the sheriff showed up, I would have said, sorry, that's not my doctor. Its also a cardio, not a shrink. You must have the wrong person.

I would have then contacted the doctor and told him his services are no longer required, and he'd hear from my lawyer.

Then I never would speak of this again except to my lawyer.

I had a disappointing conversation with a good friend who hasn't bothered to prep and gave me the "I'll just go to your house" line. I said, the admission is to bring the years supply of food you STILL havent gotten yet.

I give up, there really is no reason to ever discuss this topic with ANYONE unless you already know they are interested or living in your household already. Best to remain silent otherwise. SP and gun ownership.

3. UneasyRider

UneasyRider C.D.B.

Dec 1, 2005
    If it's a cop or a doctor you keep your mouth shut about anything other than what you want them to know which is the very minimum without a lawyer present.

4. Foxtrotx1

Foxtrotx1

Jan 29, 2010
    Scottsdale AZ
    Seems like a dumb morbidly obese slob. IMO. I don't think hes telling the whole story.

5. cowboy1964

cowboy1964

Sep 4, 2009
    U.S.A.
    Here's a tip: don't go to the emergency room, say "this is the closest I've ever felt to wanting to take my own life", and lose patience (after only a few hours of waiting) and refuse to comply with any further help they are offering. What did he expect?

Last edited: Feb 11, 2012
  6. Kingarthurhk

Kingarthurhk Isaiah 53:4-9

Sep 5, 2010
    Texas
    I still fail to see why they stripped him of his Second Amendment rights. I saw the show, he is a weirdo. Being a weirdo isn't against the law. He hasn't been convicted of a felony that I can guess, so he should try to get a probono attorney and sue the doctor, and then with those proceeds file a Civil Rights suit against his state. Why not? It's not like he's got anything better to do.

7. RMTactical

RMTactical www.AR15pro.net CLM

Oct 7, 2000
    Behind an AR-15
    I totally agree. That said, do you really think he shouldnt own guns?

8. UneasyRider

UneasyRider C.D.B.

Dec 1, 2005
    He might have been ok if he piped up quicker with the "I don't have any insurance" line... just sayin'

9. racerford

racerford

Apr 22, 2003
    DFW area
    One should not be forcibly committed for being a danger to oneself, only a danger to others. However, even that smacks of pre-crime conviction. Perhaps if they are planning to hurt others, it could be aconspiracy, but that would require working with someone else to do it.

I suppose if someone is judged incompetent to make judgements in accordance with the law, then they should be restricted from buying guns. However, when they are "better" maybe that restriction should be lifted. I mean if someone a mental break due to some traumatic event, once they get better (lot's of people get past severe depression and go on to lead normal rational lives) should they forever by unable to defend themselves effectively?

And no I do not think he should be banned from owning from what I have heard. I heard say he clearly told the doctor that because he was a christian that would not commit suicide. Perhaps they fact that he said he was a devout christian the doctor thought in his mind he was clearly delusional to believe in god. So not only was he suicidal, he was delusional.

You can see how powerful these laws are and very hard to fight. It is not right. A couple of people who do not know you can decide the course of your whole life without you having harmed anyone, including yourself.

10. Stupid

Stupid

Oct 26, 2005
    Shouldn't the first prep rule be "cardio?"

11. G29Reload

G29Reload Tread Lightly

Sep 28, 2009
    I think he skipped ahead to "twinkies".

12. glock20fanboy

glock20fanboy

Jan 29, 2012
    And ate all the pink snowballs along the way.

13. Stupid

Stupid

Oct 26, 2005
    I would suggest that he work on the cardio first. Then after he loses like 200 lbs, he can go back to the doctor and say he's not a danger to himself or the society anymore.

14. humanguerrilla

humanguerrilla

Jul 25, 2006
    the woods
    Should be higher up on the list...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/user/dsarti1?feature=watch#p/search/0/6ImsUK8Py4k"]dsarti1's Channel - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited: Feb 13, 2012
  15. The guy is a pretty easy target (pardon the pun) for ridicule but it is his own fault. I saw him last night on the Dooms Preppers series. He really needs someone to sit him down and have a good talking to about his health. My assumption is he doesn't really care but I guess I shouldn't assume.

I wish him well and hope he gets his 'health preps' in order.

16. lonewolf01

lonewolf01

Feb 12, 2003
    USA
    He actually seemd like a decent guy but he has to take care of himself.