close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Don't ya love spinner wheels...

Discussion in 'Moto Club' started by newlyg23, Oct 6, 2005.

1. newlyg23

newlyg23 "BEER BREAK!"

Mar 3, 2005
    central Illinois
    I just got back into to riding after about a 25 yr. layoff to raise two boys and put them through college.(Man does that ever dent your motorcycle fund) Well just the other day had a car signaling a left turn. I was pretty sure he was stopping for me until I noticed his wheels... they're still rollin' ...that turd is gonne turn in front of me! Oh crap.... then this 55 year old brain kicked in, yep spinner wheels. Boy does that get your attention. Anyway got the heartrate down and rode on. Anyone else love these things? Ride safe guys and gals. newly;Y

2. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

Oct 23, 2000
    California & New Mexico, US
    Spinners help to cool down the brakes...

3. Bullwinkle J Moose

Bullwinkle J Moose Quick! Duck!

Mar 1, 2001
    SC
    Spinner wheels bite! Looking at the wheels is the best way to see if a car is stopped and not pulling out or turning in front of you. Forget that eye contact crap - that'll get you killed.

4. EUPHER49

EUPHER49

Jul 22, 2001
    SEPA

I couldn't tell you how many times I've slowed to a crawl at an intersection because I saw wheel movement. After I slow down, then I go for eye contact. The dumbest looks come from the "spinners." I don't think many drivers at all get my point, especially the whirlygigs...when they blow right through a ;m the spinners become irrelevant tho'...~okie~

5. +1, they don't see you, they see through you. It is a proven fact that motorcycles aren't more than 1-2% of the field of vision of a car driver and are essentially invisible to the them.

I love my Kissan's:

[​IMG]

6. Rinspeed

Rinspeed JAFO

Feb 28, 2001
    NY
    Spinner wheels are cool.........

If you're gay :)

7. ChaZ

ChaZ Millennium Member

Feb 22, 1999
    Capitol Heights, MD
    I also love my Kissan's as well.

Some driver thought I was cop when I zoomed behind them and turned mine on. They pulled over only to see me zip past them.

Kidding aside, I think it's a great accessory because of many blue-haired snowbirds with failing eyesights here in land of Arizona.

However, I would never use it on highway, utterly pointless...

-ChaZ

8. Same thing works when riding in the "fast" lane. Cars tend to get over when they are crusing the actual speed limit in the passing lane.

9. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

Oct 23, 2000
    California & New Mexico, US
    PIAA or MotoLight drive lights also help with the visibility aspect as well. The MotoLights are way overpriced, but they're made to mount with ease onto BMWs, and what the hell, they work.

10. ChaZ

ChaZ Millennium Member

Feb 22, 1999
    Capitol Heights, MD
    I've always wanted PIAA 1100x mounted on the front of my head of cylinders. Right now I'm looking for a sheetmetal expert who can make me a mounting thingy for that to happen.

Mounting them on the side of my forks looks dorky on a sport touring bike...

-Chaz