close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Dont mess with AARP members...

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by luisbet1032, Aug 4, 2012.

1. luisbet1032

luisbet1032

May 18, 2012
    NY
    Last week was grandpa and this week grandma. AARP are taking back America.:rofl:
    [ame]http://youtu.be/ZjXJBpV9YRI[/ame] this week
    [ame]http://youtu.be/yQo4bzxir2o[/ame] last week

2. cowboy1964

cowboy1964

Sep 4, 2009
    U.S.A.
    I hope they scoop up this "crew" quickly.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2012

3. blackjack

blackjack

Jan 22, 2000
    Sand Springs OK
    As one of the leading anti-gun organizations around, I suspect the AARP probably takes a dim view of the citizen actions in the videos.

4. M24C

M24C

Oct 31, 2002
    +1

AARP is very liberal.

5. Gunnut 45/454

Gunnut 45/454

Jun 20, 2002
    Yea ARRP -I doupt it! I'm real surprized they didn't charge the old woman- seeing it's in Komifornia! Looks like granny needs to hit the range 5 targets and didn't hit any of them.
    I mean really granny you had them all bunched up at the kill zone -should have emptied the gun then!:faint:

Last edited: Aug 4, 2012
  6. Caver 60

Caver 60

Jun 12, 2007
    Midwest
    Ditto. Wouldn't join them if my life depended on it.

7. That's why they should join AMAC...

8. I'm 65, need a cane to get around. Can't run, can't fight. So, my cane is a converted maple Louisville Slugger. If some asshat sees the Slugger and still comes to jack me I think I have reason to fear for my life. I'll take a swat at em' then pull the G30 and double tap his center mass. We're old and fragle and a beat down could easily kill some of us. I have taken crap all my life without shooting anybody. I'm not a violent man but I'm not going down easy to some SOB who jacks old folks for a living. When I'm in Walmart parking lot I feel like a "thug magnet". I know for sure I not alone in my feelings on this.

9. Snidely Whiplash

Snidely Whiplash El Guapo

Jul 15, 2012
    Hickory, NC
    I avoid AARP like the plague.

10. robhic

robhic WOLVERINE!!!! Platinum Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Louisiana
    I don't (or won't) go at night, but I hear what you're saying! When you are the last animal in the herd, it's not an enviable spot to be in.

11. Paul53

Paul53 Geezer Boomer

Nov 27, 2011
    Maine
    Didn't know AARP is anti gun. Anyway I'm a member of AARP and the NRA.

I don't care what anybody says, being a geezer boomer isn't for sissies!

Added: I'll be dipped! AARP IS anti gun. Now I'm a member of 2 groups whose views I consider too extreme, AARP and NRA.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2012
  12. Strange thing, I joined AARP for discounts and they are a pinko commie organization? I am also an NRA member, but I get overloaded with all the fear talk.

I get what I can from the few organizations I join. It usually is not much.

The political extremes have always looked a little nuts to me. Often, it is just a power play and/or a ploy for money.

So, as I get older, I will not have my social security, my right to self determination, the respect of the younger generations, etc. At least my military veteran status will get me a place at the end, where I can be among comrades.

13. janice6

janice6 Silver Member

Apr 4, 2006
    minnesota
    Remember, for old people, death is only a few steps away anyhow. How is that a threat?

14. Clay1

Clay1

Dec 7, 2004
    Wisconsin
    I'm surprised that no one commented on the second video of the older man. He showed some technique with the Groucho walk and the one handed shooting but he pursued and was shooting at people that were no longer a threat. He very well could be charged.

I hope that he can articulate that the subjects were still a threat or still pointing their weapons at him as they left. Sunday morning quarterbacking is much different than being there and it is awfully difficult to put the Genie back in the bottle once he is released. I hope things turn out well for him.

15. Sendarr

Sendarr

May 12, 2004
    Tampa,Florida
    Armed or not, these thugs usually trip over each other hauling ass when someone shoots back. IMO only those who go in planning to not make it out really put up a fight.

16. Three-Five-Seven

Three-Five-Seven Señor Mombo Millennium Member

Aug 8, 1999
    Great Southwest
    Amen, brother.