Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Connect with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Read up on the latest product reviews
  • Make new friends to go shooting with!
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

Glock Talk is the #1 site to discuss the world’s most popular pistol, chat about firearms, accessories and more.

Don't loook like one

Discussion in 'The Lighter Side' started by Pastorjohn, Jan 29, 2003.

1. Pastorjohn

Jan 23, 2003
    Pinehurst NC
    In 1998, I worked in an armed security company as an office manager who put people up on the payroll and issued equipment . I also filled as a day care center guard in the Federal building. I normally did not wear a side arm. I was then as now short, wore glasses and know as a pastor of a small church.

One of the new employees failed his shooting qualification and the manager asked me to give him some pointers for retesting. I was and am a NRA pistol and personal protection instructor. I called the new employee and set up a time to retest him.

I showed up at the range with pistols, gunbelts and ammo. The employee looked at me and asked: “Are you a pistol instructor?” I told him yes. “Wow, you sure don’t look like one.”

I gave him several safety pointers. As we finished, I gave a short combat shooting demonstration and quipping: "That's how you'll be able to shoot when you get proficient."