close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Don't like guns? Well, get used to it

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by HerrGlock, Nov 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

Jan 16, 2005
    Kentucky
    Yep, it'll be terrible. Look at the death and chaos in the 48 states that had concealed carry before WI.:upeyes:

2. Spartacus100

Spartacus100

Oct 14, 2011
    Allen TX
    While the writer of that article comes across as quite a tool, he's right. Ultimately its the store owners who lose out as those with CHL's will simply spend their hard earned money elsewhere. Here in Texas, when the CHL law first passed years ago, i remember the same type of mindset from both sides and the "no gun" signs were seen way more often than they are now. i would be willing to bet that over time, those Wisconsin store/business owners will slowly drop the signs when they see that CHL holders are decent people and that there will not be shootouts in the streets every day. The only place i can recall seeing a sign for no guns (aside from the places the law prohibits) was at a Toys R Us a few weeks ago. And their sign wasnt the legal one required by the state. just a thought. :2gun: G19 G36

3. happyguy

happyguy Man, I'm Pretty

Yep, no matter where you go, there you are.

Regards,
    Happyguy :)

4. huggytree

huggytree

Nov 9, 2011
    if i was someone who robs people/businesses i would specifically look for a business which has a NO GUN sign(i dont want to get shot)

if i was insane and wanted to do a Mass Murder I would specifically look for a place with a NO GUN sign (i want to maximize my # of kills)

what this person doesnt realize is that a NO GUN sign makes them less safe

if takes more than 30 seconds of deep thought and thats why he cant figure it out....He FEELS safer with no guns and thats as far as his Deep thoughts go

Last edited: Nov 24, 2011
  5. Jake Starr

Jake Starr

Jul 30, 2005
    Louisville, KY
    I am thankful that Mr. Rich lives in Wisconsin.

6. Silent_Runner

Silent_Runner Can you hear me

Apr 10, 2008
    Off the Deep End!
    I think the author has gotten used to being an idiot.

7. ComeAndGetThem

ComeAndGetThem

Mar 31, 2007
    Texico
    "I applaud said places and commend them for providing a safe haven for those uncomfortable among the armed."

Yeah, a sign means there'll be no guns present.

8. Tx-SIG229

Tx-SIG229

Aug 30, 2011
    Texas
    having lived there for 8.5 yrs was enough for me.

9. What Mr. Rich doesn't understand is that people were carrying guns around him well before the law was passed.

But they were criminals and doing so illegally, they didn't obey the law and they won't obey signs.

10. Jon_R

Jon_R

May 3, 2009
    Central Florida
    The sign provides a gun free zone.... :rofl:

The entire state basically had a sign prohibiting concealed weapons before they adopted a concealed weapon program. How did that work out for everyone? No gun crimes right?

11. Holy crap, that guy is a complete tool. I wonder if he'll change his views once studies show (as they have in the past) that crime doesn't increase just because law-abiding citizens are given the right to protect themselves.

12. ncglock19

ncglock19

Jan 6, 2010
    Apex, NC
    Anyone mind sending him the "I won't shop where my CC is not allowed" sign?

nc19

13. xmanhockey7

xmanhockey7

Dec 6, 2010
    Michigan
    He should carry a no firearms sign around with him. Should someone attempt to rob him or shoot him he could just tell them the sign says they can't have a gun there. This is him:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7pGt_O1uM8

14. taurn88

taurn88

Apr 22, 2010
    This guy is doomed, he will find that there won't be as much "gun free" businesses as he thinks there are. But it won't matter, he'll probably never know who's carrying or not.

15. He seems disrespectful to people who wish to carry. Understand that in Iowa at least, those signs have no criminal/legal weight. You can carry into a store that says no firearms allowed, until they specifically ask you to leave. And then the issue becomes trespassing with no bearing on the weapon.

16. Sheepdog Scout

Sheepdog Scout Behind you!

Jan 23, 2010
    Who knows?
    Oh my God, there's going to be blood everywhere!!!

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.