close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

don't delay the individual mandate

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by Chronos, Oct 23, 2013.

1. fortyofforty

fortyofforty

Jul 9, 2005
    No, at least we still have independent doctors, hospitals, nurses, and insurance companies. When we end up with no health insurance companies, government doctors, government nurses, and government hospitals it will be much, much worse.

2. GAFinch

GAFinch

Feb 23, 2009
    Georgia
    That's a very logical, reasoned theory. Unfortunately, history overwhelmingly says otherwise.

3. GAFinch

GAFinch

Feb 23, 2009
    Georgia
    Seen on the interwebs:

"Last week the people who wanted to delay Obamacare were called legislative arsonists and terrorists who were holding the country hostage. This week they’re called Democrats."

4. aircarver

aircarver Ride Continues Silver Member

5. Unfortunately this is precisely the kind of lunacy that the typical "democratic party low info voting class" believes in....nobody should be made to lose their homes to fire, its just inhuman of the republicans to oppose mandatory fire insurance...

6. Atlas

Atlas transmogrifier

Oct 1, 2001
    north of the equator
    tanstaafl

7. podwich

podwich

Sep 7, 2000
    MI
    Interesting. The crony capitalism angle for nefarious government.

Remember the public option discussion?

I still think the main goal is single payer/full government control. I get what you're saying on the industry end but I don't see a way out of it.

8. podwich

podwich

Sep 7, 2000
    MI
    When Obamacare passed, I turned to my wife and told her this is the beginning of the end. We can't afford what they want.

As for financial crashes--they still hold the power of the printing press, the power to tax, and the power to regulate. I hope the coming debt crisis causes a change in the way government works (shrinking and moving to its Constitutional bounds) but I suspect they'll inflate the currency, grab more power, nationalize stuff, steal retirement accounts and savings accounts, tax more, and generally fail kicking, screaming, and taking us all down with them. I don't expect a little thing like that to change them from trying to get single payer. And I don't think the gimmees care enough about all of the above to vote against free stuff for them.

Maybe I'm just a pessimist. Maybe I should apply Hanlon's Razor. I dunno.