close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Dont buy a Caracal

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by RYT 2BER, Jan 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I posting this here since I have seen in other threads that people seem to think the UAE is just a swell bunch of folks. Also some people believe that caracal is made in Germany now however the ones made in Germany are made by a subsidiary of caracal LLC

We send these jokers enough money for oil.. let's not compound the problem.. we need oil so we have no choice.. you can however choose another gun...

Much more info is available from the link

http://almanac.afpc.org/united-arab-emirates

In the wake of the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks on the United States, the United Arab Emirates has come to be identified as significantly, if indirectly, involved in Islamic terrorism. Two of the nineteen 9/11 hijackers were residents of the UAE, while another resided there. 1 Nearly a decade after those attacks, much of the Arab world is in a state of upheaval, and the governments of two of the UAE’s Arabian Peninsula neighbors, Bahrain and Yemen, are facing severe challenges to their authority. Yet the UAE, to all appearances, remains calm. This is due in large part to the cultural setting in which the interpretation and practice of Islam have evolved in the UAE, as well as to the nature of the country’s leadership since its independence in 1971. The “father” of the UAE (and its president from the country’s founding in 1971 until his death in 2004), Zayid bin Sultan Al Nahyan, promoted and personified a conservative but moderate interpretation of Islam, which helped to legitimate government efforts to check and contain Islamic extremism. Since 9/11, the UAE has devoted serious efforts to countering Islamic terrorism, the extreme forms of belief that promote it, and the financial support that facilitates it. Yet while these efforts have been overwhelmingly successful, international concerns remain that terrorist plots could be carried out from or through the UAE, and that some terrorist financing taking place within the country remains hidden or unacknowledged.

2. raven11

raven11

Jan 27, 2009
    Illinois
    so i'm guessing you don't buy German handguns, because we did go to war with them twice. You don't buy Czech guns because they did give a bunch to the NVA during the war. And Russian guns are being used against us to this day so those are out:dunno:

the guy who made the gun at the factory is just trying to earn a honest buck just like the guy who made my HK P7 isn't goose-stepping to work and draws plans to invade Poland during his lunch break

3. Andrewsky

Andrewsky

May 28, 2004
    Not a very convincing argument you have there OP...

"Since 9/11, the UAE has devoted serious efforts to countering Islamic terrorism, the extreme forms of belief that promote it, and the financial support that facilitates it."

4. The famous German stupidity.. I'm not concerned with a war from 50+ years ago... I am concerned with people CURRENTLY FUNDING OUR ENEMIES AND PUTTING AMERICAN CIVILIANS AND SOLDIERS IN DANGER!

HOW DOES THAT GRAB YOU!?

5. Why don't you follow the link... actually read it.. and convince yourself.

Even that clip you quoted leaves out the end that says the uae is a suspected source of terrorist funding. Why don't people on the forum read?

6. MedicOni

MedicOni

Nov 19, 2008
    Central NM
    Sorry, I like that pistol too much to care where it's made.

7. matt_lowry123

matt_lowry123

Nov 23, 2008
    owensboro KY
    I didn't even know what it was until I looked it up. Man that is one ugly gun!!!

I clicked on the link but I didn't feel like reading it all.

Either way, that gun looks like it sucks.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2012
  8. 427

Nov 23, 2009
    KUMSC
    If you're worried about a few bucks going to the UAE. perhaps you should direct your anger to the feds. We signed a defense agreement with them in 1994, and tax dollars are going to the UAE, in the hundreds if not billions. Al Dhafra air base and Jebel Ali port two of the main bases the US operates. Our .gov considers them an important ally in the region especially as things escalate with Iran.

9. Thanks but I'm concerned with controlling my money and voting with my wallet.. I do see your point though.. I mean why stand up for anything? :upeyes:

We as consumers can only do what we can do. I also make it a point to buy American when I can.. I'd rather support my fellow citizens.. And when possible I try to not support our enemies. Does that mean I never buy imports? Of course not. But I'm sure as hell not going out of my way to send money to the UAE!

10. G26S239

G26S239 NRA Patron

Mar 17, 2008
    PRK
    I did read the link. You have not made a convincing case. As far as buying a Caracal though it is just a gussied up Steyr M40. I shot an M40 years ago and did not like it.

11. 427

Nov 23, 2009
    KUMSC
    Very good! Have fun tilting at windmills and good luck. :wavey:

12. txgunguy

txgunguy

Dec 14, 2007
    DFW, Texas
    I have to agree, I won't buy one on principal.

13. http://www.dawn.com/2011/05/22/saudi-arabia-uae-financing-extremism-in-south-punjab.html

Here's another... tell me how many you want/need... there are about 10000 articles about uae money going to terrorist organizations.. I can post up all night.. maybe then you'll be "convinced". :faint:

14. tim12232

tim12232 Pistolero

Aug 15, 2011
    midwest
    honestly I would go with the Steyr pistol over the Caracal any day and twice on whatever day im off! Looks better, little bit batter aftermarket support and looks alot better.

And yes I personally would first support made in USA then Austria then Germany. I dont like even getting oil from UAE.
    just my .03!

15. Nice to see a patriot on this thread. Thank you :thumbsup:

16. Tilting at windmills? I had to Google it.. means fighting a mis-perceived enemy.... there are tens of thousands of articles and data about the uae being involved in fundinging terrorism.... nothing "mis perceived"about that.

17. 427

Nov 23, 2009
    KUMSC
    It also means fighting a futile/unwinnable battle.

18. t1tan

t1tan

Dec 8, 2004
    Threads like these make me want to buy each variant of the Caracal.

19. joecoastie

joecoastie

Feb 4, 2009
    STL
    I think the money the UAE get from us for oil should be far more of a concern. I would imagine that money from the sales of the Caracal are a fraction of a drop in a bucket by comparison. But I suppose it is more convenient to boycott a pistol that you probably had no intention of buying in the first place. Really want to show all of us how patriotic you are? Sell your car or truck and buy a bike.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.