Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Reason #1
  • Reason #2
  • Reason #3

Site Description

Doing it Right... Went BCM

Discussion in 'Black Rifle Forum' started by ViennaGambit, Dec 13, 2012.

1. ViennaGambit

Dec 19, 2009
    Been going back and forth over-thinking and driving myself irrationally nuts over the past few months on which AR15 to pick up to be my "only one" since I sold my previous mix-matched build to a buddy...

The fact that this post-election has pretty much dried up a lot of sources has made it even more of a PITA.

With that said, finally came to the realization that I just need to do it right the first time so I never have to second guess myself - this I've decided is worth a premium. Add to that, I'll be a new father in a few months so I figure this is the last big thing I'll be buying myself for a while :supergrin:

So I decided to go big and go BCM.

Came across exactly what I was looking for in the complete 16" middie MOD-0 with MOE hand guards on grabagun and jumped on it since they are never in stock. When all is said and done I will be out $1,060 after shipping and FFL fees for a complete rifle minus the rear BUIS (have a magpul mbuis ready to slap on already).

Such a great price especially as it actually comes out being about $10 less than buying the exact parts separate and slapping a BCM together.

Going to keep it simple and add an old Surefire G2 with Malkoff drop-in I have, a Magpul vert grip and just need to figure out what type of sling I should go for - thinking Vickers Blue Force 2. Eventually I'll add a new stock, but dont mind the standard M4 stuff for now.

I don't want to come off as bragging, but I just havent been this excited for a new purchase since my first Glock - I'm pretty psyched!!! And made it just in time for the end of the world later this month :supergrin::supergrin::supergrin:

Pics when I pick her up, but here is a stock photo for now - so sweet looking:
  2. WoodenPlank

WoodenPlank Who?

May 15, 2010
    NW Florida
    A BCM with shipping and FFL for less than a Colt at Wal-Mart?

Ya did just fine. Congrats on the purchase. I'm sure you'll be pleased. If you do have a problem, I have no doubt BCM will make it right.

3. ViennaGambit

Dec 19, 2009
    Thanks man! A good many of your posts helped make my decision easier since PSA was up for consideration...

Yeah it was a great price - last time I saw the carbine version in my LGS they wanted close to $1,250 before tax...
  4. WoodenPlank

WoodenPlank Who?

May 15, 2010
    NW Florida
    If you look back a couple pages, you'll see a thread I started titled "Well, crap..."

It covers my experience with BCM's customer service quite well. I might bump it to add that the new bolt functions flawlessly.
  5. mgs

mgs Always Carrying Millennium Member

Dec 21, 1998
    cogan station, pa, usa
    Very great choice over a Colt in my opinion. I like the middy.
  6. pag23

Jul 28, 2008
    Eastern PA
    I really like my mid length BCM and it a bit softer shooting than my M4 looklike. I would recommend the VTAC padded sling personally.

Congrats on the purchase.
  7. bilkay

Aug 30, 2011
    I got a similar deal on the same rifle at Cheaper Than Dirt a couple of months ago. It was $1029 before the FFL fee and shipping. I ended up spending $1060. Like you, I'm a very happy camper.
  8. GlockN

Apr 15, 2011
    You blew it! Shoulda bought a Colt. You live and you learn.... again!

9. ViennaGambit

Dec 19, 2009
    Nahhhh then I'd be stuck with a carbine gas system on a 16"er which just seems wrong to me :)
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2012
  10. K.Kiser

Jan 23, 2010
    Shreveport, La.
    Very nice weapon... I want to buy one pretty much just like it, but can't at the moment.. That's a grand well spent, and a firearm built to serve you well..
  11. *ASH*

Jan 12, 2008
    congrats , my DD says hi:wavey:

12. Ruggles

Jun 13, 2005
    Great choice :) So many great choice in ARs and 1911s these days it is hard to choose sometimes.
  13. Cole125

Cole125 Silver Member

Apr 5, 2008
    Far West, USA
    Great choice, congrats! :cool:
  14. skew12

Sep 13, 2012
    Good deal. BCM's are great rifles.
  15. You did well, congrats!
  16. LA_357SIG

LA_357SIG Milspectacular

Aug 28, 2006
    Not Los Angeles.
    Lol. Me too. I recently ordered a standard BCM 11.5" upper after debating between DD and Spike's CHF uppers. This has to be the first time BCM had something In Stock when my usual vendors did not.

Like I always say, "When in doubt, buy from BCM."
  17. ViennaGambit

Dec 19, 2009
    Sweet man - enjoy it! Yeah I just my shipping notice today, but they are sending it to the wrong FFL! Have to call them tomorrow and see what they can do - the other FFL is just down the road, but they charge $45 for a transfer as opposed to my guy who does $20. I hope the error is made right, even if its just a $15 difference :whistling:

Seems that timing is everything and in light of recent events, I think we were pretty damn lucky that we got in before the panic buying started. Went into my lgs today and it was packed - I watched a guy literally buy a sig AR and then 4 complete RRA lowers. Unbelievable.

Screw gold as an investment.
  18. wingryder

Oct 9, 2012
    28.420, -81.171
    Great Choice! I loved my RECCE 16... that is until the boating accident.:whistling:
  19. ViennaGambit

Dec 19, 2009
    I heard the finish BCM uses fairs pretty well against ocean spray? I'm actually taking mine on the boat this weekend, along with a few of my Glocks - can't wait!

What can go wrong?
  20. WoodenPlank

WoodenPlank Who?

May 15, 2010
    NW Florida