DOGS, The AR's that I should not even consider

Discussion in 'Black Rifle Forum' started by akapennypincher, Nov 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Warp

Warp ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

If you cannot (or are just not willing to) afford a BCM, DD, Colt, Noveske, LMT, LaRue, etc. etc.

I would next look at:
    Spikes
    S&W
    PSA

Personally.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. I like spikes stuff, but they are out of a lot of their lowers at the moment. Last I looked every single lower receiver was back ordered for months.

3. Did you count this as a smiley face? The reason I ask is you got that thread locked. :crying:

[​IMG]

4. I was just on Spike's site and all their rifles were over $1k. Priced higher than a 6920/6720. Except for one that was right at $900 and it had a 8-12 month wait. Spikes has been known to underestimate their wait times.

I had a Spikes and it was nice. It didn't see as many rounds as the others however. I know they did shady things w/ price gouging and lying about the materials they were using though.

5. Warp

Warp ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Aware me

6. There is zero evidence about Spikes lying about materials used. You made the blanket statement now it's up to you to prove and back up with links and evidence. Bet you can't. What's the excuse going to be this time. And please no help from the i dropped my slide and can't get back up welcher....

#146 glock031, Nov 14, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2012
  7. Warp

Warp ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I have read an awful lot, on many sites, about Spikes...including a lot on M4C where a lot of members don't like Spikes.

But this is still the first time I have heard anything about them lying about materials used.

Very interested in seeing your evidence, mjkeat

#147 Warp, Nov 14, 2012
  8. LA_357SIG

LA_357SIG Milspectacular

$879 and $865 is "right at $900?" :upeyes: Anyway, there are 2 carbines under $1000 and even if Spike's got called out to prove their "milspec" claims, that was years ago. They are "milspec" now and have posted their material certificates for the world to see.

http://www.spikestactical.com/new/z/complete-rifles-c-113.html?page=2&sort=20a

9. Warp

Warp ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

The price of a product on 8-12 month backorder doesn't interest me much, though...and probably doesn't interest a whole lot of buyers that are currently in the market, either.

#149 Warp, Nov 14, 2012
  11. LA_357SIG

LA_357SIG Milspectacular

There was a big hoopla on AR15.com over Spikes claims of using "milspec" materials for their products. The threads were probably deleted but a while later Tom posted the certificates "proving" their claims.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_2_282/194245_Spike_s_Tactical_Certification_Documents.html

12. Warp

Warp ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

13. But the dates on the paperwork were for later dates than when the claims were made.

14. LA_357SIG

LA_357SIG Milspectacular

It may not interest you, but considering how RRA is always backordered, people seem to still be ordering from them and Legal Transfers. You cannot assume what the market wants based on what interests you.

15. LA_357SIG

LA_357SIG Milspectacular

"But a while later" isn't too complex to comprehend Detective. Well, it shouldn't be....

16. Warp

Warp ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Does that necessarily mean anything?

Is this all you have to support your claim? That the paperwork proving the materials are from a later date than the claim?

I think that if somebody is shopping around for an AR, and you are offering advice on which ones to consider, the fact that they are on 8-12 month backorder should be mentioned up front. That is a rather significant fact.

17. LA_357SIG

LA_357SIG Milspectacular

The backorder is an estimate for new orders. For all we know, Distributors are getting their orders from Spikes as they get assembled... and test fired.:supergrin: I'm not a dealer, but I would be willing to bet they are just getting the basic M4 models and not ordering the accessorized models to hang off their shelf.

18. RRA isn't a solid rebuttal.

When dates don't match up something is fishy. Specially when it seemed to be like pulling teeth to get the proof. Like the birth certificate thing.

Anyway, I'm not here to bash Spikes as like I said I have owned one and was happy w/ it. The wait however isn't worth it when there is equal or better for a similar price available w/o the wait.

Edit:

It means that the claims could not be proven. He could not produce paperwork showing certain lots were produced following milspec standards as he claimed.

#158 mjkeat, Nov 14, 2012
  19. Warp

Warp ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

The source you used to quote prices from showed an 8-12 month backorder.

If distributors have them in stock and available, why not link to them and quote those prices?

20. LA_357SIG

LA_357SIG Milspectacular

I swear it would be easier on me if I ignored you completely. Please tell me in what way Rock River Arms backorder status is not a suitable rebuttal in contex to Warp's comment.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.