close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

DOGS, The AR's that I should not even consider

Discussion in 'Black Rifle Forum' started by akapennypincher, Nov 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chuck TX

Chuck TX
    Expand Collapse
    CLM

Ok, my apologies, clearly I got you wrong then. :wavey:

It was the "mall ninja" comment ironically followed by the often used by mall ninja argument of [insert brand] is good because so and so uses it that confused me. I jumped the gun.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. P99er

P99er
    Expand Collapse
    AKA PPQ'er

There are a lot of teachers who believe and teach that the Second Amendment applies only to the government and military, and is not an individual right.

3. P99er

P99er
    Expand Collapse
    AKA PPQ'er

I think it is more along the lines of "[insert brand] is good because the chart indicates it is", and all the so and so's push the chart. To be accepted as knowledgeable in that community, you have to espouse the chart.

4. Panglоss

Panglоss
    Expand Collapse
    I am the NRA

Well, it's not like this is some huge mistake or oversight.

In fact, until the recent Heller decision, the courts never held the second amendment to guarantee an individual right either. And half of the current supreme court members disagree still. Note that a collective right of "the people" can be different from simply saying that the amendment would only apply to the government or to the military...which wouldn't even make sense anyway.

What's more disturbing is the great number of teachers who still neglect teaching evolution.

#124 Panglоss, Nov 13, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2012
  5. Warp

Warp
    Expand Collapse
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

FWIW: In my experience 9 times out of 10 that the chart is referenced these days, it's by somebody arguing against it, as you are here.

6. P99er

P99er
    Expand Collapse
    AKA PPQ'er

I'm not arguing against the chart. I use the chart quite often. Before I buy an AR, I look at the chart. I haven't been able to find it lately, and it appears the author has been banned from M4C

7. jakebrake

jakebrake
    Expand Collapse
    cracker

you mean, it's not just my imagination?

8. joe0121

joe0121
    Expand Collapse

Ill chime in. I just built my AR using mostly Parts from PSA, with some Magpul and a New Frontier Polymer lower thrown in. 420 rounds later with a single failure that was the fault of the weapon. Including several mag dumps. Wife tried to force a mag in backwards which caused the mag to break and double feed once I inserted it properly.

The big difference in price comes down to the barrel and accessories. Make sure you are getting a quality barrel. Typically this mean chrome lined hammer forged 5.56 chamber with a 1-7 twist but not always. Slower twist will really only work with 233 and light projectiles.

Here is a crappy cell phone pick:

[​IMG]

9. Rooster Rugburn

Rooster Rugburn
    Expand Collapse
    Got Pignose?

I know one training school who doesn't allow students in their carbine classes to use home build rifles. I read something the chief instructor said on the net, so I don't know if they reject certain brands, but I have seen him say they don't allow home builds because of the high failure rate. I guess when someone is having problems, it disrupts the class.

10. fuzzy03cls

fuzzy03cls
    Expand Collapse

I would think rules like that are more for insurance reasons. Having a home built gun induces a bit of legal issues if it blows up & injures someone.

11. Matthew Courtney

Matthew Courtney
    Expand Collapse
    Instructor #298

Folks in my classes get one firearm or ammo caused malfunction. On the second one, we put a carbine or ammo in their hands that we know works. It is simply to distracting to the training process to have malfunction troubleshooting happening constantly on the firing line. Shooters who clear malfunctions efficiently and resume shooting without delay and resume the drill without distracting other students may be allowed to continue with their own gear at the discretion of the RSO.

12. mjkeat

mjkeat
    Expand Collapse

It's disruptive as hell. You end up sitting on the line waiting for the instructor to diagnose some turd carbine.

While running team drills, downed vehicle, the shooter I was paired up w/ kept having problems. Their carbine went single shot. Hundreds of dollars and a 6 hour drive later I felt slighted out of valuable training.

I had a lady schedule a private instruction. She showed up w/ a High Point. the majority of the PI was spent messing w/ the low quality handgun.

The creator of the chart, IMO, was a great source of straight forward no nonsense honest information. The kind I prefer as the candy coated BS is a waste of time. He spoke his mind. Many don't like honesty when it doesnt support their assumptions. He once sent a jab my way. At first I was pissed but then after a minute of thought I realized he was correct.

From my understanding the author of the chart is locating and deleting all traces of that document. It is a shame as it helped create informed consumers.

13. P99er

P99er
    Expand Collapse
    AKA PPQ'er

Is it a "rampid" problem? :rofl::rofl::rofl:

14. mjkeat

mjkeat
    Expand Collapse

#134 mjkeat, Nov 14, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2012
  15. mjkeat

mjkeat
    Expand Collapse

Yes, a problem you are a consistent participant in.

I find there is a common thread b/w those that use smiley faces in their posts.

Try making a viable contribution instead of being a leach.

16. P99er

P99er
    Expand Collapse
    AKA PPQ'er

~560 posts in 11 years. I must not be too consistent. I guess English isn't your only weak subject, but math too.

I'll try not to be too "rampid". :tongueout:

17. mjkeat

mjkeat
    Expand Collapse

Lol, hang on to that if it helps and thank you for illustrating my point. I'll try and make another mistake in the next couple thousand posts so you have something to post about.

18. Warp

Warp
    Expand Collapse
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

The above is a good reason to require factory ammunition, too.

19. nursetim

nursetim
    Expand Collapse

Good point, how about this then. For a person on a beer budget, what are the top 3-4 ARs.

20. joe0121

joe0121
    Expand Collapse

Reminds me. I need to get out and start running some drills. A lot of rifle work great at the rifle range and screwing around on the farm. But maybe not so much during hardcore run and gun.

#140 joe0121, Nov 14, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.