close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

dog in back of truck?

Discussion in 'Carolina Glockers' started by Nyper, Jun 29, 2007.

1. Nyper

Nyper
    Expand Collapse

Is it legal in NC?

I never even thought about it being illegal, until I saw an article about how people are trying to pass a low to disallow it in some states.

I don't go flying down the interstate with the dog in the back, but I throw her back there pretty often when just making a quick trip. I sure as crap dont want to get a ticket over something that silly...

2. jtull7

jtull7
    Expand Collapse
    Pistolero
    CLM

If they gave a ticket to everyone who drives around with a pooch in the back of their truck in New Mexico, half the state would be ticketed.

3. davis513

davis513
    Expand Collapse

In Charlotte, it is a violation of a city ordinance to carry an animal in a vehicle without having it reasonably restrained.

Sec 3-62(10) Abuse of Animals:

a) Prohibited. It shall be unlawful if a person negligently or willfully:

Conveys any type of animal in a motor vehicle or in a wagon or trailer pulled by a motor vehicle or in a truck or the back of a truck without having such animal reasonably secured so as to prevent the animal from leaping or being thrown from the vehicle or in such a way as to cause pain, suffering, unreasonable discomfort or death to the animal.

4. obxemt

obxemt
    Expand Collapse
    Chaplain of CT

You can carry children around legally in the bed of a pickup truck all day long, the only catch is that if they're under 12 they have to be supervised. 20-135.2B(a) I've always found that amusing since if they're in the passenger compartment they have to be restrained.

There is nothing in state law that is dog-specific, but if the dog jumps out and causes a wreck, I suppose you could be charged with failing to secure your load, 20-116(g). :)