close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Dog food for humans?

Discussion in 'Food Forum' started by alphacat, Feb 7, 2007.

1. alphacat

alphacat account deleted

Jul 16, 2003
    Is there such a thing? I hate to cook and eat mostly cold cuts or cereals.
    If I could find something like "Purina Man Chow" I could be a happy man.

2. punkture

punkture

Nov 24, 2003
    mississippi
    at work i don't have much time for lunch, so i'm always looking for stuff that will be fast and quick on site. vienna sausage is sold in flavors - bbq, honey mustard, hot & spicy, cajun, jalapeño, etc. anything in a can with a tab on the top is convenient for me...lasagna, sardines, soups, tuna, chili. you can always keep it moderately healthy with tuna, chicken, salmon and beans/veggies/fruits.

oh and your "man chow" reference reminds me of the hungry man tv dinners. those are pretty tasty for what they are.

3. alphacat

alphacat account deleted

Jul 16, 2003
    Hey, I thought about tv dinners maybe that would be a good way to go, after all you get everything you need to eat.

thanks for the reminder

4. Glockerel

Glockerel Got Mojo?

Not sure if this is the same for you, but I have a friend who doesn't care what he eats, as long as he eats. He says if he could take a pill and avoid eating it would be great.
    I find this concept so wierd- I mean we plan everything around meals. Granted, I am a chef, so I know food is a passion, but trying local and foriegn foods is such a fun adventure.
    Why don't you start off with a crockpot and some simple recipes that you can just throw and go, come back and eat. Maybe that'll ease you into the joy of cooking?:thumbsup:

5. alphacat

alphacat account deleted

Jul 16, 2003
    I do the crock pot thing once in a while.
    Human Chow was just a dream.

6. UTKEngineer

UTKEngineer

Nov 1, 2005
    Tejas.
    The closest thing to "dog food" for people is cereal.

It's got most of the essential vitamins, minerals, and what not. High fiber, low fat. Blah Blah Blah. I used to keep a tupperware container of it on my desk for when I got caught at school late w/o anything to eat.

7. I thought it was called Spam...!:supergrin:

8. alphacat

alphacat account deleted

Jul 16, 2003
    I understand that's a big thing in Hawaii.

:grill:

9. UTKEngineer

UTKEngineer

Nov 1, 2005
    Tejas.
    Spam is a HUGE thing in Hawaii.

But as far as a complete nutritional replacement, it's... uh... lacking.

Besides, if you tried to live off spam, you might as well go ahead and by stock in your favorite laxative. :(

Whoever brought up frozen dinners had a good idea. I'm a grad student at Texas and a lot of the grad students just bring 5 - 10 frozen dinners in on Monday and claim space in the freezer. Fairly affordable, simple and easy.

10. jawjaboy

jawjaboy Casual lead ho

Mar 1, 2002
    RFD South Georgia
    My wife makes(bakes) dog biscuits for our dogs. Quite edible and tasty...the dogs love 'em too!

11. glockawakka

glockawakka

Jul 13, 2005
    CT
    any HORMEL product will suffice.