close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Does your wife think like this?

Discussion in 'Cop Talk' started by BamaTrooper, May 23, 2011.

1. ClydeG19

ClydeG19

Oct 5, 2001
    Arizona
    I remember one time my wife thought someone was in the backyard. She was in the bedroom when she said someone walked right up to one of the windows. We've got granite over most of the yard, so it's pretty easy to hear. I grabbed the nearest gun and cleared the yard. When I came back in, she was still standing in the exact same spot where she told me she thought someone was in the yard. After she calmed down, I had a talk with her about getting the phone, something to use as a weapon, etc, rather than just standing there.

2. OldCurlyWolf

OldCurlyWolf

Aug 7, 2010
    I still run to the sound of gunfire and my wife still doesn't understand. But she doesn't get in the way or make snide remarks either.

Of course she had a 3rd degree Brown belt in Karate and can kick some serious a** on her own. She used to fight in full contact tournaments. Her daughter has a cadet Black and got into shute fighting a few years back. Not one to mess with either.

Last edited: May 24, 2011

3. DonGlock26

DonGlock26

Jan 18, 2001
    My wife thinks that buying something that she doesn't need on sale is saving money.

:upeyes:

4. BamaTrooper

BamaTrooper Almost Done

Sep 12, 2006
    Rocking Chair
    Canadian is just a Yankee that talks funny(ier):tongueout:

5. pac201

pac201

Nov 12, 2007
    My wife would ask if I had my gun...as a matter of fact, she has before.

6. FiremanMike

FiremanMike Way too busy

Jul 26, 2007
    The interwebs

Yep, mine is the same.

7. msu_grad_121

msu_grad_121 BOOSH

Sep 16, 2009
    NW Burbs
    Oh yah, fer sure, eh? :supergrin:

And bring it on, Hack! You ain't got nothin I ain't heard before! Her friends HATED yanks. Not disliked, HATED! Can't imagine why it didn't work out... :tongueout:

8. tc2129

tc2129

May 2, 2005
    Northwest Florida
    Not just law enforcement, but public safety in general. FF/paramedic here and I was at dinner with the girlfriend one night, when a kid in the table next to us starts choking on a mint. The kid is crying trying to cough up the mint, so I just kind of sat there watching him and his parents to see what they were doing. He was crying so I knew he was breathing.
    Well, that didn't last long, he must have swallowed it and pushed it further down because he went quite. I get up to now do something, just as his mom is beating him on his back, causing the mint to dislodge. I tell them I am a medic and look him over real quick.
    I go back to my table and continue with my meal, the gf looks like she has seen a ghost, is shaking and says she can't eat anymore.

9. lawman800

lawman800 Juris Glocktor

I have had to train every girlfriend to think differently and to condition them that if I am running toward danger or reacting to a threat, their best way to help me is to get fa away from me and call it in while giving a detailed description of me so I don't get shot by responding officers.

10. EOD3

EOD3

Oct 19, 2000
    Indiana
    My wife knew I was headed for police work long before we got married. When I started EOD work, she decided she really didn't want to know where I was or what I was doing. :dunno:

11. Hack

Hack Crazy CO Gold Member

:rofl:

12. Hack

Well now! Time to dig out something on talkin' Southron. :supergrin:

13. Hack

Mine is kind of that way concerning what I do. No descriptions of what have you at work, unless it is comical. :rofl:

14. msu_grad_121

msu_grad_121 BOOSH

Sep 16, 2009
    NW Burbs
    You DO know that Detroit is NORTH of Windsor, right? I'm just sayin :tongueout::rofl:

I still love that Journey song, even tho their geography is off. "South Detroit is Windsor!"

15. BushBond

BushBond

Apr 15, 2010
    extra squeaky CVPI
    Having chased a stolen minivan of the same model, I have to agree, he wasnt going to outrun that thing. Surprisingly fast, and very capable off road. (that is, if you dont care about what happens to it at the end of the chase)

16. lawman800

lawman800 Juris Glocktor

My friend bought a Sienna and showed us all the features. I was very impressed with the hidden underseat lazy Susan that can hold a Tommy Gun and the motorized doors with the seatbelts mounted perfectly so that you can strap yourself in, open the side sliding door, and hang out like a door gunner off a Huey gunship.

17. Cochese

Cochese Most mackinest CLM

Jun 30, 2004
    Unmarked Rustbox
    My wife would probably hand me the baby, tell me to go downstairs and grab her duty gun on her way out to handle ****.

18. OldCurlyWolf

OldCurlyWolf

Aug 7, 2010
    My wife didn't understand when I communicated this little story to her.

In 2002, while working in Irving, TX, I was taking a break from work and heard gunfire. Not a car backfiring, but real live rounds, gunfire, coming from the other side of a nearby building. So I take off to find out what is happening, being judiciously careful when approaching the corner of the building so I can discern what is going down. It seems that the Irving PD is conducting a live fire training session there. After considering what has happened, I later came to the conclusion that someone in Irving PD was nuts. That was too close to occupied housing.

About a month later that same department had a shooting that killed an officer in a supposedly "rubber gun" training exercise.

What my wife could not understand is why I didn't go inside and call the PD instead of checking myself. Hey I run to gunfire, not away.

19. BULLRUNN

BULLRUNN Double Tap

Oct 1, 2001
    Hampton Roads
    Mine would have told me to take my gun so If I got shot she could say I was In the line of Duty so she could collect the benefits...

20. My wife would wake me from my nap and go see what was going on.

*Damb you woman! I taught you how to shoot. Take care of it yourself.