close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Does Timberwolf (Lonewolf) frame require a special ejector housing?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by muncie21, Mar 9, 2013.

1. muncie21

muncie21
    Expand Collapse

I received my full-size Timberwolf from today from Lonewolf. I started to assemble the frame components, in anticipation of trying it out at the range tomorrow..
    [​IMG]

I ran into a snag with the ejector housing. The standard full-size 9mm housing will not fit in the frame. I have a couple of full-size 9mm glocks, so I tried a different housing, no luck :crying:
    The picture below is how far the housing will fit into the frame with me squeezing it between my fingers.

[​IMG]

Do these frames require a special ejector housing? Going to give Lonewolf a call on Monday, if I can't figure this out over the weekend. Suggestions welcome!

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Trapped_in_Kali

Trapped_in_Kali
    Expand Collapse

3. voyager4520

voyager4520
    Expand Collapse
    -----

You need an SF trigger housing for the Timberwolf frame. I'm pretty sure that Gen4 trigger housings are the same housing as an SF housing.

If you do get a 10mm/45 SF housing, you'll need to pull the ejector out of that housing and put the proper caliber ejector into it, the housing must be outside of the frame and you pull the ejector out with a pair of pliers. When I swapped an ejector between housings, I wrapped the teeth of the pliers in masking tape to prevent scratching or gouging the ejector. The ejector slides out the front of the housing, and you push the new one in until it won't go any further.
    [​IMG]

4. MrVvrroomm

MrVvrroomm
    Expand Collapse

You need a Gen4 SF trigger housing

5. muncie21

muncie21
    Expand Collapse

Thanks for the responses and advice. At least I know that I don't have a bum frame. :) I will hit LW up on Monday for the correct trigger housing.

6. epd2658

epd2658
    Expand Collapse

Muncie, I'd like to see more of your G17's grip treatment.....looks like finger grooves removed and textured?