close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Does This Make Me A Woman

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by ShallNotBeInfringed, May 20, 2013.

1. ShallNotBeInfringed

ShallNotBeInfringed NRA Business Al

Feb 2, 2013
    Looking for somewhere to conceal carry my Glock 20.

I am a huge guy. Think or Rode Island or Delaware, I cannot go there, don't fit. I am in Nebraska, and most places here, I can squeeze in. lol

I am 6'7" tall, 56" around at the waist, and look like Big Shows twin.

Most of my clothes fit tight already, because clothes are so hard to buy anyway, when you are this large.

So where to stuff a Glock 20?

How abut this solution?

http://www.nrastore.com/nrastore/ProductDetail.aspx?c=10&p=SA 472

[​IMG]

I am not a fairy type, so a man bag has never entered my mind before, but I am stumped over my few choices.

I am not the briefcase type either, and I would hate to sit a briefcase down somewhere while shopping, eating out, etc. and forget it and walk away. This stays around your neck, and even fastens to your belt.

OK, here is where it gets dicey. Do I pick the bag color, to match my shoes, or my dinner jacket? lol

This is on the NRA store page it you guys want to start a Glock NRA Bag Club. GNBC, has a nice sound to it!

Last edited: May 20, 2013
  2. NEOH212

NEOH212 Diesel Girl

Mar 25, 2008
    North East Ohio
    As long as you don't go Hello Kitty on us you'll be fine!

:rofl:

On a serious note, I'd go the, "Man Bag" route only as a last resort. I'm not very fond of that method of carry. I find it to be too slow to draw from and I don't like the idea of how easy it is to loose control of my weapon if it's not directly attached to my body. Heck, I'm a women and I don't even carry a purse!

I'd suggest a good inside the waste band holster. I've carried several large semi-auto pistols this way and found it worked out the best for me. I understand you state your a little bigger around the middle so you will have to experiment with holsters to find the one that fits you the best.

I carry my HK45 in a Blade Tech Phantom Inside the waste band holster. It's a large full size pistol and this holster does rather well for it.

I know you won't want to hear this but did you ever consider a smaller pistol or another full size pistol in a different caliber that would lend to concealment a bit easier?

3. Inebriated

Inebriated

Feb 20, 2012
    Unless that bag comes with several Y Chromosomes, I don't believe you're a woman at this point.

But really, you'd probably better-served with either a shoulder holster, or a G29 in an IWB holster.

4. dpadams6

dpadams6

Jan 5, 2010
    You also have to be concerned about someone attempting to rob you of your purse, uh, manbag...lol. jk...Then they have your weapon.

5. EAJuggalo

EAJuggalo

Jan 17, 2005
    Eagan, MN
    A good dual attachment type holster, e.g. MTAC, CBST etc. should allow you to carry the 20 without any problems. I'm 6'3" 240 and carry a 21SF without too much trouble. I think it's actually easier to conceal if you're a bit bigger since the firearm can be pulled right into the folds.

6. Spiffums

Spiffums I.C.P.

Sep 30, 2006
    As long as it's stuffed full of HK mags your fine like on 24. And it's not a purse its a satchel, Indiana Jones carries one.

7. ShallNotBeInfringed

Feb 2, 2013

tan its a satchel, black it looks like a purse. lol

8. brisk21

brisk21

May 13, 2008
    Michigan
    6'7"? I don't know too many people that would make fun of your man purse. At least not to your face!

9. jtull7

jtull7 Pistolero CLM

Jan 27, 2006
    Santa Fe, New Mexico
    If I am out of the house, I am either in a wheelchair or on two canes. So, here is mine. I don't feel like a sissy as my EDC in it is a Wilson Combat Professional .45. The pistol in the photo is a Kimber Pro Carry .45.

[​IMG]

Mine is smaller, lighter, and less-bulky than the one you are contemplating. Very handy.

10. aztnb

aztnb

Jul 22, 2006
    try this at thewilderness.com
    Safepacker Concealment Holster

11. kirbinster

kirbinster

Jan 28, 2013
    New Jersey
    If you are that big you probably don't need to carry a gun :)

12. HerrGlock

HerrGlock Scouts Out CLM

Dec 28, 2000
    I'm thinking there is a primary and are secondary gender characteristics that would be more indicative of you being a woman than anything you carried.

13. What have you tried IWB or OWB that has led you to considering off-body carry?

If not IWB, perhaps and OWB on belt carry.

But in answer to your initial question, I don't see a problem with a guy carrying a bag.

14. xmanhockey7

xmanhockey7

Dec 6, 2010
    Michigan
    Looks kinda like a satchel...Indiana Jones had one.

15. countrygun

countrygun

Mar 9, 2012
    The fact that the shoes your were wondering about matching

"OK, here is where it gets dicey. Do I pick the bag color, to match my shoes, or my dinner jacket? lol"

have stiletto heels made me suspicious, but, other than that, you're just fine. No judgments

16. DWARREN123

DWARREN123 Grumpy Old Guy

Jan 25, 2008
    Clarksville, Tn.
    As big as you are I would just tape it to my tie and tell folks it's a tie pin. :rofl:

17. ShallNotBeInfringed

Feb 2, 2013

Ordered one of the black NRA bags, and soon to order one of these Safepacker if the NRA bag is not what I like.

Thanks!

18. ca survivor

ca survivor

Dec 25, 2011
    Florida
    this^^^^^:rofl: