close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Does this look new?

Discussion in 'Black Rifle Forum' started by Glock 1, Feb 23, 2012.

1. Glock 1

Glock 1

Aug 21, 2011
    Texas
    In short I am doing a trade for a LE6920 NIB. What I am trading is also NIB. I am new to AR's and this person finally sent me pics but it doesn't look new to me. How about you? He said he bought two of them back in 08 I think and that this one has been put up since then.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 23, 2012

2. Looks new to me. No wear marks or scratches that I can see.

3. Glock 1

Glock 1

Aug 21, 2011
    Texas
    There appears to be a little damage on the handle near the rear sight but that doesn't matter because its coming off in favor of a red dot. The different colors through me off until I read that is how they come. I just wanted to make sure.

The guy seems like an honestly good guy but the internet is no way to judge that.

4. packin23

packin23 Welcome Wagon

Oct 11, 2006
    Haines City, Fl.
    I saw that too but it looks like he wiped it down with oil and a cloth that leaves a lot of lint. Could be something from the cloth he used.

5. faawrenchbndr

faawrenchbndr DirtyThirty fan CLM

Nov 24, 2005
    Troy
    Looks like a new Colt to me. I would think it would have
    been oiled and wiped down at least a few times since 2008!

Look at feed ramps, bolt carrier group, bolt, hammer & buffer to see if it's been fired.

6. Glock 1

Glock 1

Aug 21, 2011
    Texas
    He sent me pictures of its twin brother and you can definitely tell the difference. For better or for worse, its mine now. Tracking number in hand. Can’t wait to get it in the mail. My first AR. :supergrin:

7. Foxtrotx1

Foxtrotx1

Jan 29, 2010
    Scottsdale AZ
    The different color parts is mostly a camera trick. When I photog my M1A, some parts come out with a bronze red tint but in person look the same.

8. faawrenchbndr

faawrenchbndr DirtyThirty fan CLM

Nov 24, 2005
    Troy

Awesome,.....congratulations!
    You bought one of the best Carbines available!

9. Congrats. It looks new to me. tom.:thumbsup:

10. brausso

brausso

Mar 7, 2010
    Puget Sound
    Look at the BCG and you'll quickly be able to tell if it's been fired a bunch.

Congrats on your purchase. I've gone through 7 or 8 different AR's and the only two I have left are my LE6920 and my LMT MRP. Love em both

11. Glock 1

Glock 1

Aug 21, 2011
    Texas
    I will request pics of those now. He said he bought two of them in 08 and stored one in the safe and built one up so I imagine there is alot of oil. He sent pins of the twin and it has been modified and shot quite a bit.

12. Glock 1

Glock 1

Aug 21, 2011
    Texas
    Thanks, I sold two older Glocks to get the trade. I still have plenty of Glocks but no Shotgun or Rifle for SHTF moments so I took the leap. My next purchase is a Mossberg 930SPX 8 Shot autoloader. Then its nothing but ammo and mags for the next year. Atleast, that is what I say now. lol

13. MrMurphy

MrMurphy ********* Moderator Moderator Millennium Member Lifetime Member

Jan 16, 2001
    Buried in the X-files
    Definitely post closeups of the internals. That'll show.

14. Sweet!

That is going to be my first AR, too.

Looked at all the other ARs at or under the 6920's price and decided what the hell....might as well have the original article.

The newer 6920s I have seen all have "Colt M4 Carbine" on the receiver, though.

- brickboy240

15. Glock 1

Glock 1

Aug 21, 2011
    Texas
    I have been looking at flash suppressors, floating hand guards, grips, lights, ambi latch’s, and optics all day and I can honestly say without a shadow of a doubt that this is going to cost me more than the trade. lol

16. svtpwnz

svtpwnz

Nov 19, 2010
    SC
    LOL! No kidding. The extras add up quick. Congrats!

17. Glock 1

Glock 1

Aug 21, 2011
    Texas
    I see a badger ambi latch, magpul pistol grip, 10-12" quad rail, eotech optics and magpul stock in my future real soon.

18. slickt0mmy

slickt0mmy

Jan 17, 2011
    Ohio
    Looks pretty new to me! Congrats on the rifle :wavey:

19. PlasticGuy

PlasticGuy

Jul 10, 2000
    All you can tell from the ouside is that it hasn't been dropped on concrete. The only way to know if it's been fired is to get pictures of the internals. In particular, look at the bolt face and lugs, at the hammer, and at the inside of the upper receiver.