close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Does this cops gun jam?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Glock Authority, Mar 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Glock Authority

Glock Authority

Tell me what you guys think. It appears that she 1 hand fires and then the gun jams. Might be a Glock, can't tell.
    http://youtu.be/_tWdHHH-TV8

2. vinstang67

vinstang67

It looks like the slide locked back/out of ammo. I cannot tell if it is a Glock.

3. RowdyatHeart

RowdyatHeart

I can't tell if it jammed or she just racked the slide kicking out a live round in all of the excitement. I wonder why her reload was not instant at the point of ejecting the empty but-----it is easy to second guess when you are sitting on your couch. God bless her. I hope she got through that unscathed and I bet you now if she is in a similar situation, she will respond like a machine.

You can practice for a year at a skeet range but the first time you jump a covey of quail it usually ends up in you emptying your shotgun and no birds on the ground.

4. Merkavaboy

Merkavaboy Code-7A KUZ769

YES IT DID JAM!!! Right at 00:36 you can see her pistol's slide locked open (or jammed open) as she's trying to reload.

Thanks for posting that vid. I've been trying to find it recently to use as an example in a post of mine regarding inadequate slide momentum causing malfunctions while shooting with a poor grip. :thumbsup:

Last edited: Mar 16, 2012
  5. spartanranger

spartanranger

I'm familiar with this incident. It was broken down and analyzed at my police academy. She emptied the gun and was trying to reload. You can see her ducking around and it is because the dirtbag was shooting at her while she was reloading.

6. mymini40

mymini40

Leave her alone. She's mine!!!

7. Javelin

Javelin Got Glock? Silver Member

:rofl:

8. III_M1KE_III

III_M1KE_III

Hahaha....at first I didn't realize the car was rolling and she was running behind it. Because her movements were almost synchronized with the car it looked like she was just jumping and dancing around with ants in her pants.

9. G23Gen4TX

G23Gen4TX

Looks like a Glock and an empty mag. There's no sound so we can't tell how many rounds she shot apart from the two we see on video.

It is a great example how the Glock shoots "Low and left" when she puts a bullet through her cruiser's windshield.

You can freeze frame the slow motion at the end and clearly see the silhouette of a Glock. (1:58)

10. Merkavaboy

Merkavaboy Code-7A KUZ769

So far I haven't been able to find anything on the 'net that states, let alone shows proof that she ran her gun dry and it wasn't a malfunction. What info did you have that led you (your academy group) to conclude she ran her gun dry? Did you have any other sources of info to draw from besides the video?

11. voyager4520

voyager4520 -----

I remember that video being shown on some TV show, they interviewed the officer as part of the show and she said that it did jam because she didn't have a strong grip on it. It looks like a Glock in the video but in that show they never said what it was.

Her story is also recounted in the 2009 issue of Glock Autopistols Magazine. She was looking for a car driven by a bank robber and when he saw her he opened fire at her in the car. Her weapon was a Glock 22, she shot him once in the leg, and she is quoted in the article as saying that her gun jammed because she shot "weak-handed".

12. MarkM32

MarkM32

It is indeed a Glock, and she was shot in the arm. She would have taken another round, but her clipboard full of paperwork was next to her seat and stopped the round.

She was lucky, I find it funny, not haha, that she was going to go right by the guy, until he opened fire.

13. SGT_Calle

SGT_Calle

Wild encounter. I'm surprised someone didn't mention this sooner.

14. bipe215

bipe215

She was responding to the robbery and had been given a description of the suspects vehicle, but the description was entirely wrong and she pulled up next to the guy in traffic. She had no idea he was there when he opened up on her withan AR. If she had put her vehicle in park before exiting, she probably would not have made it.

Steve

15. M&P15T

M&P15T Beard One

Jesus dude, you're a spas!:rofl::rofl:

16. voyager4520

voyager4520 -----

Here are some videos showing that, though a warning, I would not try this because the loaded gun could end up pointed in an unsafe direction:
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jh9JhCyFFxA"]Limp Wrist Test - YouTube[/ame]
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fsewsolPyBU"]Another Limp Wrist Test - YouTube[/ame]

17. Glock Authority

Glock Authority

No problem. You can tell that when she fired the first round that we see, she had a weak grip and the gun flipped up, so I don't doubt that it jammed. When it happened she looked at the gun like ****!!!

18. TBO

TBO Why so serious? CLM

Now you know why she drove past the guy. Any new thoughts?

Sent using Tapatalk

19. Rustin

Rustin

WHat happened to the BG?

20. WinterWizard

WinterWizard

Talk about limp wrist. I thought the recoil was going to snap her hands off her arms.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.