close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Does the mind kill God?

Discussion in 'Religious Issues' started by greentriple, Apr 27, 2012.

1. Ramjet38

Ramjet38 SONS OF LIBERTY

Apr 9, 2001
    Wilderness of Life
    I've learned over my life time that gut instinct has kept me out of trouble and saved my life more than once, and overthinking an issue has never turned out good. I think I'll stay the course "gut instinct again".

2. packsaddle

packsaddle

Jan 15, 2009
    your gut instinct evolved from lucky animals whose gut instincts saved them from death too 49 million years ago.

the gut instinct gene was passed on to you because evolution loves you and wants you to live and pass it on to other lucky mutants.

be sure to thank an aardvark and an alligator next time you see one.

3. Ramjet38

Ramjet38 SONS OF LIBERTY

Apr 9, 2001
    Wilderness of Life

I'm so ever grateful, and their faithful servant. :notworthy:

I also promise not to eat 'gator tail anymore.
    :rofl:

4. greentriple

greentriple

Mar 11, 2010
    Clearly dogmatic faith is not a problem for you two. If it were you disagree with the evolution you rely on.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

5. Ramjet38

Ramjet38 SONS OF LIBERTY

Apr 9, 2001
    Wilderness of Life
    I rely on evolution? Maybe YOU do.

You keep on believing the evolution dogma without God and see what you harvest from that.

6. WS6

WS6

Jan 27, 2007
  7. greentriple

greentriple

Mar 11, 2010
    :)

Evolution, Creationism, God, no God...

Death may reveal the truth.

8. Gunhaver

Gunhaver the wrong hands

Jan 24, 2012
    I wanted to know sooner so I read more than one book.

9. Arc Angel

Arc Angel Deus Vult!

Sep 20, 2003
    Penn's Woods
    IT IS NOT A MAN'S CONSCIOUS MIND THAT DESTROYS FAITH IN GOD. IT IS HIS EMOTIONAL HEART, INSTEAD.

If a man's heart is bad then whatever, 'vestiges of God' he might initially possess strangles and dies within him. If a man protects and continues to develop that heart Which God originally gave him then his faith in God is certain to increase and grow.

This ain't, 'rocket science', people. It's simple Judeo-Christian morality, instead.

10. LASTRESORT20

LASTRESORT20 LongTerm-Guy

Aug 10, 2010
    NC

This ^^^....we (most) were given a "Gut instinct"

11. Animal Mother

Animal Mother Not Enough Gun

Mar 22, 2004
    Could you describe this uniquely Judeo-Christian morality for us?

12. Geko45

Geko45 Smartass Pilot CLM

Nov 1, 2002
    KCXO
    The fallacy of anecdotal evidence.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2012
  13. You know... if your child strikes or curses you, kill him... kill homosexuals, witches, fortune tellers... if a woman was not a virgin when she got married, stone her to death on her father's doorstep... if a woman was raped in town, but was not heard screaming, she should be killed...

-ArtificialGrape

14. greentriple

greentriple

Mar 11, 2010
    I am a gnostic, and have deep faith in "God". I'm also a sceptic and believe logic and reason serve us best in this world.

Values, are man made. Morals are man made. Books are man made.

15. GreenDrake

GreenDrake Rip Lips

Apr 22, 2007
    North Idaho
    Yeah but AG, they got a do-over. Response will be something like, "but then god sent his son to set the record straight, and die for our sins" . Some christian responses are pretty elaborate, they just didn't anticipate mankind would find out the earth was round or that other continents existed, etc.

16. You believe the myth that man thought the earth was flat?
    You believe the myth that man did not realize there were other continents? Do you check your facts before you spout them as truth?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Myth_of_the_Flat_Earth
    "Historian Jeffrey Burton Russell says the flat earth error flourished most between 1870 and 1920, and had to do with the ideological setting created by struggles over evolution.[6] Russell claims "with extraordinary [sic] few exceptions no educated person in the history of Western Civilization from the third century B.C. onward believed that the earth was flat," and credits histories by John William Draper, Andrew Dickson White, and Washington Irving for popularizing the flat-earth myth."

The Bible authors knew that the earth consisted of more than their local area.

Isaiah 51:5 My righteousness is near; my salvation is gone forth, and my arms shall judge the people; the isles shall wait on me, and on my arm shall they trust.

17. Ramjet38

Ramjet38 SONS OF LIBERTY

Apr 9, 2001
    Wilderness of Life
    And again you haven't a clue to life except what some simple-minded person taught you, or told you. Please branch out a little more for your own sake, and look beyond the dogma of evolution without God.

18. Ramjet38

Ramjet38 SONS OF LIBERTY

Apr 9, 2001
    Wilderness of Life
    It most certainly will.