Does fellow Glock talker carry full sizes ?

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by EddieG17, Apr 23, 2012.

1. Hello I'm new to this forum , I was wondering if anybody carrys the full size glocks ? Were do you carry ? I have a glock 17 gen 3 I have juss purchased a month ago with a galco Triton kydex holster . Thanks in advance for any responses , shoot safe and God bless

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Loading...

3. I carry a Glock 22 gen 4. I have a Crossbreed holster.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

4. i have never carried a full size glock. but i used to carry my full size XDM all the time. i also had a crossbreed holster (supertuck). never had an issue
  5. I like the G26 for CC, or the G19/23. nothing bigger
  6. During the cooler months I'll carry a full size Glock 22 concealed (if I am in a state where I can carry concealed. Other than that if I'm carrying my G22 I just open carry.
  7. DWARREN123

DWARREN123 Grumpy Old Guy

I carry either a G22 or G20 IWB in a Don Hume 715 series holster. I like the full/standard size pistols for carry.
    Right side (3 O'clock) 5' 10", 210 pounds and old.:supergrin:
  8. robhic

robhic WOLVERINE!!!!
    Platinum Member Gold Member

9. Glock 21SF, which is larger than your 17, in either an MTAC from Comp-Tac or a "Snap" from Both carried at about 3:30
  10. I carry G21 with TLR-1 every day... at work. Off duty I go as big as G19 as it is about the biggest I can conceal :supergrin:
  11. Welcome to the forum! I don't own a full size Glock; however to do occasionally carry full size 1911s (not as thick as the Glock, but I'm obviously giving up round capacity). For my 1911s, I use a Crossbreed which has been outstanding.
  12. G22. OWB. No problems at all. In the winter at least.
  13. TSAX

I tried the Glock 22 but it was ok sometimes but the G19 works 70% and the G26 for the rest for me. Personal preference, size, etc comes into play.

14. G23 with a Fobus paddle-style holster at about 3:30 position.

It is part of me everyday, no issues at all, even with the 13 round mag and condition 1
  15. rick458

rick458 USS Texas BB-35

I carry a G-17 in my Comp-Tac MTac Minotaur, with a G-17 Spare mag in a Minotaur mag carrier.
    I also carry a Kimber CSII in a Milt Sparks Versa Max II, with a Sparks double IWB mag carrier.
    I am 6'2" and 300 lbs, and I Use either a Tucker Belt or a Belt Man's (prefer the Tucker).
    Honestly the 17 is just as comfortable (For Me) to carry as My G-26 or the Wife's G-19, the 26 does hide better, But the 17 conceals fine as well (It just doesn't dissappear like the G-26 does)
  16. Lior

My last Glock was a G17 and was perfectly amenable to deep concealment using a Minotaur or SmartCarry holster. Now I conceal a CZ Phantom that is a tad larger.
  17. I owned a smith and wesson sigma untill recently i bought a g17, ive carried both with no holster and had no problems with either except it was just uncomfortable with no holster( the sigma is a damn brick.) Maybe ill change my tune if i ever get a compact or sub but honestly at this point i just dont feel that carrying a full size pistol is a big deal, i just tucked them down deep and pulled my shirt over them, and as far as i know no one has noiticed.
  18. JAS104

JAS104 NRA Life Member

Negative. Glock 19 gen 4 in a Galco King Tuk.
    My frame is too small for a 17. It'd be like tucking a surfboard into my jeans.
  19. Carry a Glock 22 gen 4. In a NTAC kydex IWB. Used to use a crossbreed & it was comfortable but the all kydex is smaller & wears better.
    Used to carry a G27 then switched after I found I could carry the G22 just as easily & conceal it well.
  20. JAS104

JAS104 NRA Life Member

Did you get a 19-->23 converstion kit? Or just own both?
  21. :faint:

Back to the original topic, I carry a G17 in a MTAC as well as two reloads in a Comp-Tac dual mag holder.