close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Does anyone have BOTH orange and yellow Trijicon HD sights?

Discussion in 'Sights, Optics and Lasers' started by 21Carrier, Jul 15, 2011.

1. 21Carrier

21Carrier
    Expand Collapse
    Until I Gota 29

I am looking for new night sights for my G29, and I was leaning heavily toward the Heinie Straight Eight night sights, but I recently saw the Trijicon HDs, and they look awesome. I've seen nothing but good reviews about them. Does anyone have both of the colors (orange and yellow front sight)? Which do you prefer, and why?

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. swinokur

swinokur
    Expand Collapse

I have Mepros on 2 pistols, one with an orange sight and one with yellow. I find the yellow easier to sight on.

3. 21Carrier

21Carrier
    Expand Collapse
    Until I Gota 29

Thanks for the reply, but I was talking specifically about the Trijicon HDs. They have a large glow in the dark (phosphorescent, not tritium) ring around the tritium front sight that either comes in orange or yellow. It looks like it would a great compromise for night/day use. You get the bright orange/yellow dot/ring for daytime quick acquisition, and still have night sights for night use. The bonus is that if exposed to light first (a quick hit with a pocket flashlight), the phosphorescent ring around the front tritium insert ALSO glows. Sounds pretty cool.

Anyone have pictures of either Trijicon HD sights in the dark? I'd love to see how they look when glowing.

4. hwill

hwill
    Expand Collapse

I have the Orange Trijicon HD sights on my G19 & G23. I handled another Glock with the Yellow front sight before getting some for the G23, but IMO I picked up on the orange better than the yellow.

And the orange ring does not glow when hit with light.

5. 500WE

500WE
    Expand Collapse

Another option that you may consider is the I Dot rear with the lime green LumiGlow front sight from Ameriglo.

I am using them on several and find the lime green ring around the tritium lamp to be a real asset for fast acquisition with my color vision.

I had the one with the orange ring initially but it did not stand out nearly as well as the lime green, so I added it to the parts bin. To me, they work better for less $$$ than others.

6. JBarbaresi

JBarbaresi
    Expand Collapse

any chance you have a picture of the gl-212-gr-c front sight?

7. JBarbaresi

JBarbaresi
    Expand Collapse

the lime green front ameriglo proglo also glows when hit by light. i love the i-dots, and you also have the option of two colored front sights. for $88 shipped, you are not going to beat them.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#7 JBarbaresi, Jul 29, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2011
  8. JYogi

JYogi
    Expand Collapse
    Lifetime Member

Yes, old thread I know but still looking...
    Anyone with a pic of both variations?

From the Trijicon site "The three dot green tritium night sight set’s front sight features a taller blade and an aiming point ringed in photoluminescent paint while the rear sight is outlined in black and features a wider U-shaped notch"

So it would seem your orange ring and the yellow ring should glow, as it listed this under both the orange and yellow.

9. Glock 1

Glock 1
    Expand Collapse

When I first laid eyes on these in another thread I thought why would anyone want a black rear sight but by God, they appeal to me more and more every time I see them. I really like the orange I dots.

10. Glock 1

Glock 1
    Expand Collapse

When I first laid eyes on these in another thread I thought why would anyone want a black rear sight but by God, they appeal to me more and more every time I see them. I really like the orange I dots.

11. CaptainXL

CaptainXL
    Expand Collapse

I have orange but have a friend with yellow. I personally prefer the orange.

12. RM686

RM686
    Expand Collapse

I have the ameriglo orange and if hit by a flash light they do not glow.

13. SJ 40

SJ 40
    Expand Collapse

The Ameriglo lime green does glow for like two minutes and then gradually fade.

I have the lime green on two guns. The reason I chose that color over the orange is when one looks at that shade of orange for more that a few seconds it causes the focus on the ring to bleed.
    Don't think I
    'm correct,try focusing on the color for a few seconds and see what happens.
    The lime green doesn't match much in nature or our world for that matter. It does however match the color of the tritium capsule. I find it perfect for my eyes and sight. SJ 40

14. 19sandyman

19sandyman
    Expand Collapse

I have the yellow HD. It stands out more and is easier to see in low light than the orange. However, I'd be happy with either one. Either way, you'll still have a good set of sights.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

15. ahowsare

ahowsare
    Expand Collapse

registered to revive this old thread to possibly benefit others... lurked here for awhile off and on over the years, most recently when deciding on my HD's. first bought a set for my vp9 and couldn't decide on a color, then again when buying another set for my g43... was torn on staying with the orange that i had on my vp9 which i was completely happy with or gambling and trying out the yellow...

i can say, after now owning both colors that I still cant make a definitive choice. the orange seems to be a bit more versatile when it comes to shooting outside in bright sunlight but the yellow seems to stand out more to me in dim light/overcast conditions. thought id post up and add a few pics I snapped at the range the other day, which was an overcast day btw...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Jeff S. likes this.
  16. RM686

RM686
    Expand Collapse

I have had both colors and the red is easier for me to see in all lighting conditions. My sights were on a Sig 226 and a Glock 19. I dropped the Glock 19 and the rear left edge of the rear sight dented or chipped. This was no big deal but every time I looked at the rear sight not being symmetrical it bothered me. I called Trijicon and they wanted as much for a new rear sight ass a complete set front and rear. Also note the shape of the rear sight is different depending on the gun, at least my Sig and Glock sights were different. I liked the sig better. The Glock are the ones that chipped.

17. Red Rook

Red Rook
    Expand Collapse

I also have both and you really can't go wrong. I agree, strengths of orange better for day, yellow for dim light, although both function fine for day and low light.

Sorry my advice doesn't seem to help

18. ronin.45

ronin.45
    Expand Collapse

If you like the straight 8 setup, but want the HD front, you are looking for the Ameriglo I dot Pros.
    They are the best of both and are way cheaper than the trijicons.
    Only the green ring glows when exposed to light. I still prefer the orange ring though.

#18 ronin.45, May 5, 2016
    Last edited: May 5, 2016
  19. naughtymoose

naughtymoose
    Expand Collapse

i have both and prefer the orange