close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Does anyone have any experience with C&S 1911's?

Discussion in '1911 Forums' started by Cerebrus, Jul 15, 2010.

1. bac1023

bac1023

Sep 26, 2004
    PA
    They build some great quality custom 1911s and Hi-Powers.

2. Rinspeed

Rinspeed JAFO

Feb 28, 2001
    NY
    I've never handled one but they certainly have a great reputation. I know a couple smiths that got their start by taking classes from Bill. There's a thread on LTW about the Trident.

3. KalashniKEV

KalashniKEV

Sep 24, 2003
    NoVA
    It must be damn good work to turn an SA Mil Spec into a $2200 gun...

4. Hokie1911

Hokie1911 >

Dec 26, 2003
    NE Ohio
    Yeah, that's what I was thinking while lurking on their website.

5. CAWDORRDL1

CAWDORRDL1

Oct 19, 2004
    New Jersey
    I have never handled any of their 1911's, but I did have them do some custom work on a Browning Hi-power that I had. It was the best gun I have owned and it was the BIGGEST MISTAKE I have ever made the day that I sold it. I have since bought a replacement Hi-power and have had more custom work done to it, but this time by Novak's. No other reason to change gunsmiths than my curiosity. But I am looking to buy a 1911 and have C&S do all of my custom work.

Thanks for listening to my 2 cents worth,
    Roger

6. glock2740

glock2740 Gun lover.

Jun 19, 2008
    NW Ark.
    They build quality stuff for sure. I've liked the Trident ever since I heard of it. I definately want to have a gun that has the Fail Zero treatment someday.

7. samuse

samuse

Jul 30, 2008
    South TX
    Novak's does good work also. What did they do to your Hi-Power? I sent 'em one of mine for a gold bead front and black, wide notch rear and a little trigger job. I think they put a lighter mainspring in it. I want my 32 lb spring back.

8. CAWDORRDL1

CAWDORRDL1

Oct 19, 2004
    New Jersey
    The work that I had them do is similar to what I had C&S do for me. I had a strong side extended safety, No-Bite Tool steel hammer kit, reliability package, crown the barrel and their Lo-mount Three Dot Nite sites installed.

Everything came out great, the gun shoots both reliably, (which wasn't a prob to begin with) and is definitely accurate. I use it as my off duty.

Well, take care and good luck with your Hi-power and good luck to those that choose to have their 1911's done by a top notch gunsmith like both C&S and Novaks.

Roger

9. Cerebrus

Cerebrus Guest

Unfortunately Failzero is no longer coating individual guns.. however one can buy this kit for a reasonable price..
    http://www.failzero.com/productaquisition.html?page=shop.browse&category_id=2
    Which is the route I think I will be going...

10. If I had the $$$ that trident looks awfully nice.