close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Does anybody use a table or jack?

Discussion in 'Moto Club' started by nsb22, Jun 24, 2007.

1. nsb22

nsb22 TEAM OAF

Sep 17, 2003
    cornville!
    I like the looks of this, and the price is pretty decent. Any body have any experience with this sort of thing?

Thanks!

[​IMG]

2. Laszlo

Laszlo

Oct 22, 2005
    Metro Atlanta
    My Bimmer comes with center stand, no need for all that;)

3. nsb22

nsb22 TEAM OAF

Sep 17, 2003
    cornville!
    Aw yes. BMW. Yet another brand of bike I'll never be able to afford! :animlol:

4. 357glocker

357glocker

Oct 28, 2002
    NE
  5. Laszlo

Laszlo

Oct 22, 2005
    Metro Atlanta
    Actually, if you look at all the numbers, it is not that expensive to own a BMW. The extra amount you pay in the payment, you get it back on the insurance cost.
    The full coverage for my `04 R1100S is $208/year vs the $2100/year I was quoted for an `05 CBR1000RR.;)

6. nsb22

nsb22 TEAM OAF

Sep 17, 2003
    cornville!
    That's odd! Do they figure the owner of a BMW will drive better or something?

7. 357glocker

357glocker

Oct 28, 2002
    NE
    Is that the same carrier? Normally they base most of the cost off the engine displacement and of course replacement value. Interesting quotes!

8. Laszlo

Laszlo

Oct 22, 2005
    Metro Atlanta
    Insurance company`s look at statistics. Which type of bikes get in accidents more often and why.
    I heard their favorit are the Ninjas and the GSXRs followed by the CBRs and R1s.
    The young Nicky Hyden wannabes (I was a Kevin Swants wannabe), that treat public roads like it was Laguna Seca, cause a lot of headache to them.
    BMW`s are less likely to get involved in an accident. Not because they are better bikes, but because they are usually owned by mature people (over 30). For example my bike. I (32) purchased it from a 59 year old gentelmen.

9. Laszlo

Laszlo

Oct 22, 2005
    Metro Atlanta
    Yep, same company.

10. Compy

Compy CompensateWhat?

Feb 28, 2000
    Neither here nor there
    Get a good rearstand. I use a cyclecat.

Insurance companies are strange. I've had my ZX10 for just over a year now and had to renew my insurance. I did not get full coverage last year because everyone wanted $3000+. This year (I turned 32 in April), Full coverage was $850! Guess I'm considered old enough to have a literbike now.

11. stmcelroy

stmcelroy Holster Maker

Jul 22, 2001
    Central Oregon
    You know the funny thing is that with State Farm the rates would be just about exactly the same, except for the minor difference because of the years.

I pay $182/year for full coverage on a Kawasaki ZZR600, but would pay exactly the same for a GSXR600.

For a 1200cc bike my rate would just be double, they only care about the cc's and not the "category"(ie: Sport vs Cruiser, etc).

Steve

12. phool

phool

May 8, 2000
    Back on the topic of stands, the Vance and Hines on my Katana makes it such that I can't support it with anything from the bottom, and it also won't take the stock center stand. To get around that, I build a U shaped frame that I put over the bike, and use those orange cargo straps to hook around the frame and lift the bike up.

Works great, and it's not very slow either. I can get it up in the air and back down again easily in 5 minutes. Only about $60 worth of 1 inch iron pipe.

13. epsylum

epsylum Boolit Hoze

Sep 4, 2004
    Racing Capital, USA