close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Does anybody use a table or jack?

Discussion in 'Moto Club' started by nsb22, Jun 24, 2007.

1. nsb22

nsb22
    Expand Collapse
    TEAM OAF

I like the looks of this, and the price is pretty decent. Any body have any experience with this sort of thing?

Thanks!

[​IMG]

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Laszlo

Laszlo
    Expand Collapse

My Bimmer comes with center stand, no need for all that;)

3. nsb22

nsb22
    Expand Collapse
    TEAM OAF

Aw yes. BMW. Yet another brand of bike I'll never be able to afford! :animlol:

4. DaveAA

DaveAA
    Expand Collapse

5. 357glocker

357glocker
    Expand Collapse

6. Laszlo

Laszlo
    Expand Collapse

Actually, if you look at all the numbers, it is not that expensive to own a BMW. The extra amount you pay in the payment, you get it back on the insurance cost.
    The full coverage for my `04 R1100S is $208/year vs the $2100/year I was quoted for an `05 CBR1000RR.;)

7. nsb22

nsb22
    Expand Collapse
    TEAM OAF

That's odd! Do they figure the owner of a BMW will drive better or something?

8. 357glocker

357glocker
    Expand Collapse

Is that the same carrier? Normally they base most of the cost off the engine displacement and of course replacement value. Interesting quotes!

9. Laszlo

Laszlo
    Expand Collapse

Insurance company`s look at statistics. Which type of bikes get in accidents more often and why.
    I heard their favorit are the Ninjas and the GSXRs followed by the CBRs and R1s.
    The young Nicky Hyden wannabes (I was a Kevin Swants wannabe), that treat public roads like it was Laguna Seca, cause a lot of headache to them.
    BMW`s are less likely to get involved in an accident. Not because they are better bikes, but because they are usually owned by mature people (over 30). For example my bike. I (32) purchased it from a 59 year old gentelmen.

10. Laszlo

Laszlo
    Expand Collapse

Yep, same company.

11. Compy

Compy
    Expand Collapse
    CompensateWhat?

Get a good rearstand. I use a cyclecat.

Insurance companies are strange. I've had my ZX10 for just over a year now and had to renew my insurance. I did not get full coverage last year because everyone wanted $3000+. This year (I turned 32 in April), Full coverage was $850! Guess I'm considered old enough to have a literbike now.

12. stmcelroy

stmcelroy
    Expand Collapse
    Holster Maker

You know the funny thing is that with State Farm the rates would be just about exactly the same, except for the minor difference because of the years.

I pay $182/year for full coverage on a Kawasaki ZZR600, but would pay exactly the same for a GSXR600.

For a 1200cc bike my rate would just be double, they only care about the cc's and not the "category"(ie: Sport vs Cruiser, etc).

Steve

13. phool

phool
    Expand Collapse

Back on the topic of stands, the Vance and Hines on my Katana makes it such that I can't support it with anything from the bottom, and it also won't take the stock center stand. To get around that, I build a U shaped frame that I put over the bike, and use those orange cargo straps to hook around the frame and lift the bike up.

Works great, and it's not very slow either. I can get it up in the air and back down again easily in 5 minutes. Only about $60 worth of 1 inch iron pipe.

14. epsylum

epsylum
    Expand Collapse
    Boolit Hoze