Glock Talk banner

Does anybody know what range this is?

3K views 14 replies 9 participants last post by  Indy_Guy_77 
#1 ·
As I was looking at satellite pictures I found what looks like a range in Hancock county. This is just south of US40 between CR 400E and 500E. Anyone know if this is a public range or is this for Hancock Sheriff / Greenfield PD?

#6 ·
IIRC there was a police range in that general area years ago.
I remember shooting there in a pistol safety class back in th early 90's.
I do not think it was open to the public. Seems it was reserved for
the police.
That was a wile ago, things may have changed.

#7 ·
There are three gun ranges around here... but none for me! At Pendleton Pike and S.R. 9 there is one, there is one in Greenfield at the F.O.P., and...

The one in the picture is for Hancock County. I do not know the details on who trains there most often, but it is not open to the public, and the sign on the gate says:

"Hancock County Firearms / K-9 Training"

Around a year ago, my dog got spooked and we heard a BUNCH of gunfire (we live about two miles away). It sounded like one would imagine a frontal assault in a war. We later learned there was a massive police training held there that included automatic fire instruction.

From where I live it sounded like they were having fun!

I am amazed you picked up on that from Google maps. It is pretty easy to see, but to stumble upon it in the first place is pretty incredible! Were you zooming in on my house to stalk me or something?

#9 ·
I live in Greenfield. If you need a local perspective for this area feel free to PM me, etc. I'll help if I can! I'm just north of Riley Park. My wife is a teacher in the area. I can also recommend a couple realtors I know and trust locally if you need that.

You are welcome here. Try to make sure you leave the people who popped your house behind...

#11 ·
Originally posted by R. Emmelman
boilergonzo

Thanks, I was looking at the Keystone neighborhood yesterday (100N at 400E). I have a Realtor I am working with as well as being an agent myself. Maybe soon we will be neighbors :)

I can't imagine why you'd want to move out of the choice neighborhood in which you currently reside... ;)

#13 ·
Hancock County Sheriff Firing Range and K-9 Training Area. We shoot there on occasion. Very nice range. LEO's only. The jail trustess pick up the brass!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.