close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Dodge NEON Blowing Fuses

Discussion in 'Car Forum' started by mossy500camo, May 8, 2006.

1. mossy500camo

mossy500camo ammo found

Sep 27, 2004
    WAR EAGLE COUNTRY
    Hi! I have a 95 Dodge Neon that was recently purchased due to HIGH gas prices. I have a problem /w this thing blowing fuses. Ignition fuse, HD light lt fuse, Stop light fuse? ( I guess that it means Brake light fuse). These fuses keep blowing for no reason. Any Ideas or suggestions what might be causing this? Thanks!:beer:

2. OUSooner

OUSooner

Jan 22, 2004
    Oklahoma
    Love how you started a Neon thread with Hi! Sorry couldn't resist. Sounds like you have a short somewhere. I would start by checking ground wires and go from there. Electrical problems can be a pita. Could be why the last owner got rid of it. Btw, that thing got a Hemi? Sorry again.:beer:

3. mossy500camo

mossy500camo ammo found

Sep 27, 2004
    WAR EAGLE COUNTRY
    Yep!:cool: :beer:

4. Slacker

Slacker Millennium Member

May 30, 1999
    Elizabethton, TN
    I'll second the theory of it having a short somewhere. Start by looking around the body to see if it has been involved in a wreck. If so, check the wireing in that area both inside and outside the car. Look around the engine compartment real good at all the wireing harness connections. A short is a pita to find. good luck

5. autoparts

autoparts

Aug 31, 2005
    Blown ignition fuse and light fuses might indicate a bad multi-function switch (all the switches that are part of the turn signal arm). See if you can blow a fuse by using just that switch. Turn the turn signals, headlights, etc. on and off repeatedly. Good luck tracking the problem down.