close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

dodge charger 4 door ?

Discussion in 'Car Forum' started by spober, Apr 8, 2007.

1. spober

spober
    Expand Collapse

Am I the only one that thinks the new Dodge Charger is just too cool looking to be a 4 door sedan.What gives.Even GM made the 2004-06 GTO a 2 door.I saw a lime green Daytona on a lot .tHE Daytonas aweet with a hemi and 350 HP But Imagine the one with the 425 HP hemei wow woppie yi yah!!! Very cool but 4 doors.thats a deal breaker to me.no way around it.ill wait and see what their new Challenger looks like.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. OUSooner

OUSooner
    Expand Collapse

Yeah they look pretty good. I have seen a few Oklahoma Hiway Patrol men in new Chargers. I wonder if that had an impact on making them 4 door because the Crown Vics in LE around the country are getting pretty long in the tooth.

3. STG

STG
    Expand Collapse

A real Dodge Charger is a two door. The current four door Charger is an abomination suited for non-car types whose wives will only let them buy a family car. Making it into a two door won't fix it. It's a freaking sedan. What's next? Four door Mustangs!

This is crap:

[​IMG]

What Chargers are supposed to be:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Dtrain323i

Dtrain323i
    Expand Collapse

Hemi + slushbox= teh suck

If it had a 6 speed manual then it would definately be FTW

5. STG

STG
    Expand Collapse

If you weld the two rear doors shut and wear a blindfold when driving, maybe you'll think the new Charger is a real Charger.

6. BlackPaladin

BlackPaladin
    Expand Collapse

I like mine A LOT!!!! fast enough to keep even the best drivers from getting away from me, and bright enough to make you think it's Christmas time. Mine is black and white and my PD is going 2 thumbs up on our new fleet!!

7. og556

og556
    Expand Collapse

If you want a true mopar muscle car look forward to the Challenger coming out. There are a few problems that deep pockets could fix but here they are:

1. imagine the price gouge on the 05+ Mustang special editions (shelby, etc...) now imagine that straight from the factory on a LIMITED TWO YEAR RUN on a car that is going to be around $35+k to start with.

2. LIMITED TWO YEAR RUN (not confirmed, if someone finds solid proof otherwise, this car will eventually end up in my garage)

3. Almost as heavy as the 4 door charger.

I am not trying to bash any thing here so please dont flame but just putting out some facts. Google the charger forum, too lazy to look it up right now and you'll find proof behind these words. Again if you can afford it this will be an amazing car and is the most beautiful throw back design I have ever seen at an auto show.

Personally if you like RWD V-8 All American Muscle look into that new Camaro.

8. STG

STG
    Expand Collapse

It makes a great police car, but it ain't no Charger. The Wyoming Highway Patrol has a few of them.

9. tacoprerunner

tacoprerunner
    Expand Collapse

i agree with STG about the 4 door not being a real charger but it would look weird shortened as a 2 door. the only new charger i like is the SRT-8 charger. i got to drive the first one the dealership got when i worked there. its f'ing fast but i was dissapointed when i looked inside and saw a auto tranny :crazy: .