close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Do you use a Heart Rate Monitor?

Discussion in 'Strength & Conditioning' started by WERA49, Dec 28, 2004.

1. WERA49

WERA49

Jul 26, 2003
    Ohio
  2. tgtshuter

tgtshuter Too Beaucoup

Oct 22, 2003
    South Carolina
    I used one briefly when I first got serious about running - making sure I stayed with in my "target range".
    It soon becme a hassle for me,and I got to where I could tell what my heart rate was at without having to use a monitor.

But...the one I used was a very basic one, no stopwatch or nothing. So I was wearing 2 "watches", plus the chest strap...ugh.:(

3. WERA49

WERA49

Jul 26, 2003
    Ohio
    The HRM that I have transmits a signal to the treadmill for HR. That way, I don't need a watch. Reducing clutter is nice. :)

4. RWBlue

RWBlue Mr. CISSP, CISA CLM

Jan 24, 2004
    I was using one when I was bicycling. I think it is esential for anyone who is a serious cyclist (loose wieght or competition).

I quickly learned that I could only increase my peddle rate to a point before my heartrate skyrocketed. I could shift to a hire gear and go faster with less heart rate, but the mussels in my leggs would wear out. It is kind of like driving a car without a speedometer or tach.

I was able to keep my heart rate in the best burn calory area.
    When I didn't push hard enough, I increased peddle rate or shifted to a hire gear.