Glock Talk banner

Do you think people should be allowed to carry guns in public?

15K views 87 replies 59 participants last post by  DunRanull 
#1 ·

Yes! The Second Amendment guarantees it.

No, it's too dangerous.

Only for self defense.

<http://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/poll-do-you-think-people-should-be-allowed-carry-guns-public>

#3 ·
Yes the 2A guarantees it.

The poll is just more jibber from Main Stream Nothing But Commie network, they will lie and change the poll results to fit their anti-gun agenda.

Reactions: oldman11
#75 ·
#9 · (Edited)
Yes! Conditional carry. No license. Concealed, open, no matter.
If you can't be trusted with a firearm, you stay in prison. Change the way this is determined.
More capitol punishment, while we're at it!

Reactions: happyj
#10 ·
78k agree with me. Why am I such a conformist? :supergrin:
As of 04:00 Sunday August 10 th. it is now 95K or 88% Yes!
9,169 or 8% NO!
4,203 or 4% SD!

Lets see if MSNBC has the cohones to publish that! :supergrin:

#11 ·
It guarantees open carry?
It says the right to bear arms shall not be infringed, it doesn't say "the right to secretly bear arms shall not be infringed" or "the right only to openly bear arms shall not be infringed". So, one could give an educated guess that both open and concealed carried are guaranteed under the 2nd amendment.

#12 ·
It says the right to bear arms shall not be infringed, it doesn't say "the right to secretly bear arms shall not be infringed" or "the right only to openly bear arms shall not be infringed". So, one could give an educated guess that both open and concealed carried are guaranteed under the 2nd amendment.
More importantly, it says "infringed" not "regulated" - all regulation does not "infringe" so the 2nd Amendment, itself, says that any law that does not "infringe" (unfairly or excessively limit) is legal. Seems to me some people only read as far as "shall not."

Seems like they also never read the amendment before it, that says "Congress shall make no law..." but about which Congress has made plenty of laws, because the rest of the language in it says they can.

#13 · (Edited)
More importantly, it says "infringed" not "regulated" - all regulation does not "infringe" so the 2nd Amendment, itself, says that any law that does not "infringe" (unfairly or excessively limit) is legal. Seems to me some people only read as far as "shall not."

Seems like they also never read the amendment before it, that says "Congress shall make no law..." but about which Congress has made plenty of laws, because the rest of the language in it says they can.
But I'll still kick and scream about not being able to find an MG42 or a Thompson at decent prices, since I think they're pretty guns and would love to have one, even though I could never afford to feed either one. :whistling:

Reactions: pgg00
#14 ·
Only if they can prove in some way that they did not vote for a democrat within the last 20 years.

I do not OC, but bearing arms does not mean just concealed, now does it?

Reactions: Gmartin
This post has been deleted
#15 · (Edited)
As of today :

Yes! The Second Amendment guarantees it.
88% / 95,000 votes

No, it's too dangerous.
8% / 9,180 votes

Only for self defense.
4% / 4,204 votes

I'm surprised it's still up and they show what appears to be accurate, yet unfavorable (in their eyes, I'm sure) results.

#17 · (Edited)
The Constitution says "bear". Bear arms. That means carry them any which way.
"People" do it all the time.
Cops, for instance, believe it or not, they are "people".
And nothing but human just like the rest of us.
Bear. That means bear, as in bear children. Like women bear children. That does not mean the government does it for you, it means that the woman carries the child with her.
That's what bear means.
Bear, as in grizzly and bare is a horse of a different color.
dc

And yeah, this poll still goes on. 88% yes at this time.

#19 ·
The Constitution says "bear". Bear arms. That means carry them any which way.
"People" do it all the time.
Cops, for instance, believe it or not, they are "people".
And nothing but human just like the rest of us.
Bear. That means bear, as in bear children. Like women bear children. That does not mean the government does it for you, it means that the woman carries the child with her.
That's what bear means.
Bear, as in grizzly and bare is a horse of a different color.
dc

And yeah, this poll still goes on. 88% yes at this time.
Does that mean I have to shove my Glock in my "prison wallet" and bear down on it when I need to retrieve it? Talk about shooting the shinola.

#20 ·
But I'll still kick and scream about not being able to find an MG42 or a Thompson at decent prices, since I think they're pretty guns and would love to have one, even though I could never afford to feed either one. :whistling:
I have to agree with this.

Re. Poll. As of 8:11 PM 8/10/14, 88% agree its a 2nd Amendment guarantee.

#23 ·
I believe in the right to carry, though I'm not a proponent of open carry. I furthermore don't agree with the garbage about "felons" not being allowed to own a firearm. Does the Constitution not apply to those who have offended someone's sensibilities? Does a "felon" not have the 1st amendment privileges? Now if he committed a crime severe enough that we feel we have the right to tell him he cannot own a firearm...then kill him and be done with it.

#24 ·
It's kind of simple. Would anybody have a problem with everybody walking around with a hammer or electric driver in a holster on their belt in full sight. No....then why a gun?

Does the government assure me that they will 24/7 at all times protect me from criminals? No.....then I should be allowed to be able to protect myself at all times.

Should a citizen of the USA be afraid to walk anywhere in public in this country? No you should not but we are. Would you be afraid if you had a gun at your side ready? Not nearly as much.

So why shouldn't law abiding citizens especially ex-LEO and Mil not be able to feel comfortable and free to carry without worrying about showing your gun and having a soccer mom freakout?

Why do people that are not allowed to have guns have them? Use them in gun free zones? Use them in illegal activity? Simple, because they are criminals and do not follow the law. So why not allow people that follow the law have the right the constitution promises?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.